X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game on then!!
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• dont drop another frame fan it could have been at least 8 - 5.
      there in the end just a wee bit unconventional i suppose
      Last edited by trains; 27 February 2022, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• This match feels like a massive slog. But I'm enjoying it.

Comment

• Brilliant win for Fan. ROS was definitely unlucky in quite a few frames but ultimately he never got going really. Losing 6 of his last 7 finals is definitely more than a coincidence. He's not really had a final where he's played well start to finish since the worlds?

Comment

• Well done Fan. Has the Chinese domination begun? I heard that Snooker is a part of their curriculum in some schools. What a boon that is.
            Last edited by fkhan; 27 February 2022, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Cool as a cucumber in that last frame … well done to fan..

I stuck a tenner on Fan for the final as the odds were so great , wish it had been more

Comment

• Great win, enjoyed that.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• What’s the odds on an all Chinese world final?

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Even so, well done to the young man, ranked 80 and through to a ranking final having beat some top players on the way.
                    Think he'll struggle if Ronnie gets to the final though.

-
                    Happy to be wrong. Well done Fan, what a run, what a final. Nice words from Ronnie as well, and good on him for bringing up the grass roots issue.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                      What’s the odds on an all Chinese world final?
                      Not great compared to the beginning of the season I guess.
                      There is a real feel that the Chinese have started to show early signs of the dominance that will undoubtedly come at some point.

Comment

• I enjoyed it, nice midnight finish too. O'Sullivan couldn't really have been any closer with the two long pots he missed in the decider, but I guess the match was lost earlier with so many mistakes. Great composure from Fan in the end, never wobbled when O'Sullivan was coming back at him. He competed nicely in the safety and the tense frames as well. In fact, he seemed to get stronger in those as the match went on. Probably the most shocking winner of a "proper" event in all the time I've been watching snooker.

Comment

• Now that was a very surprising tournament winner. Along with Jordan Brown's run last year the most surprising winner in the last 20 years aside from Murphy's World Championship win in 2005, since it is much harder to win snookers biggest event. Congratulations to Fan Zhengyi.
                          I think with the rise and success of Yan Bingtao and especially Zhao Xintong the confidence of other chinese youngsters have grown. They play them so often in training and see they can beat them, so they start to believe they can compete with everybody.

I have seen only parts of the final and O'Sullivan and Fan both made plenty of mistakes. But in the end Fan held his nerves pretty well. Still takes on the wrong shot occassionally IMO, but that's to be expected at the age of 21.

Comment

• I've watched the final few frames on youtube as I couldn't stay up late last night due to early shifts this week. Surprised it went to 9 all really, what has this lad been doing for the past few years, playing with his phone?, never reached a qtr final, never had two back to back tons in a match, highest break of 135 made in this final, didn't look like missing when he was in, cool as under pressure in the decider.

Will we see him win again or is he another Jordan Brown ?
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                              I've watched the final few frames on youtube as I couldn't stay up late last night due to early shifts this week. Surprised it went to 9 all really, what has this lad been doing for the past few years, playing with his phone?, never reached a qtr final, never had two back to back tons in a match, highest break of 135 made in this final, didn't look like missing when he was in, cool as under pressure in the decider.

Will we see him win again or is he another Jordan Brown ?
                              just the melee or scuffle of a fairly decently competitive tour , perhaps the question i asked in the welsh open thread is why has the likes of michael holt , ryan day , tom ford etc hardly won anything in like 20 plus years , questions more on them i think.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

just the melee or scuffle of a fairly decently competitive tour , perhaps the question i asked in the welsh open thread is why has the likes of michael holt , ryan day , tom ford etc hardly won anything in like 20 plus years , questions more on them i think.
                                By my opinion those three has struggled a lot with the mental side of the game besides playing in the same era as Higgins, Williams and O´Sullivan and in the last years Robbo, Selby and Trump, so there hasn´t been much room for them.
                                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                                X