2022 BetVictor European Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Hearing that Ronnie maybe suffering from tennis elbow.
    I have had this - in both elbows at the same time!) several times over the years and the only thing that worked for (after all the physio, injections, etc.) was acupuncture. Only a few treatments and I was back playing with no pain.
    That's sad. Hope he gets well soon. How long did you have the tennis elbow for? Glad that you have recovered.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Was that work related, gym injury? Just being nosey, how you ended up with it in both elbows at the same time.
      Never been in a gym, so definitely not that!
      I think it was work-related, years and years of improper seating and alignment at the computer desk and poor keyboard management, yep both elbows at the same time and the first time it hit me was during a league pool match!
      This was many years ago, first of all the doctor suggested the steroid(?) injection, yep no pain but after 1 month all pain came back. Then "light treatment" did bugger-all! Then physio - again did bugger-all and probably made it worse.
      So for about 5 years I hid the pain with a magnet bracelet, which allowed me to work and play but the hint of pain was always there and if I over did something, bang! two days of pain before it settled down.
      Then a change chat with a table fitter who asked "why the two watches?", he said he had tennis elbow years before and acupuncture fixed it for him.
      I went straight to the phone and got a doctor's appointment for that afternoon (remember those days!!), and mentioned acupuncture he agreed as we had done all other "standard" treatments and that acupuncture had only been on the NHS for a short time. Got a call the next day, can I come in a few days hence.... three needles - two by the elbows and one down by the thumbs in for about 15-20 minutes, so found a magazine with the most writing on both pages to read as you cannot move
      Initially had 5 sessions booked, one per week but after four I called the nurse and cancelled the last session!
      I did have a re-occurrence in the left elbow a few years ago, three treatments put that right
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

That's sad. Hope he gets well soon. How long did you have the tennis elbow for? Glad that you have recovered.
        see above reply

Comment

• Main event starts on Tuesday. Three Chinese lads have had to withdraw cos of visa problems. Fu, Donaldson and Xintong get a w/o.

Comment

• Great , its on Discovery+

Comment

• oh minutes to go, can not wait to see the Tempodrome again after so long

Has anyone heard if Judd has got his luggage and cue from BA yet?

Unfortunately TV coverage does not start (in UK) until 12:30) so player for the start.

Apologies in my excitement I got confused, not Tempodrome but Stadthalle
              Last edited by DeanH; 16 August 2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Hossien Vafaei appears to be missing, 2 frames already docked, Xiao Guodong and Cark Whitby have left the arena.

update - Xiao been given the match.
                Seems Hossien is not at the venue.
                Last edited by DeanH; 16 August 2022, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Regardless of Guodong's presumed w/o theres a Chinese player on each of the 5 playing tables this morning , even though its in a non english speaking country Germany i've noticed they seem to like putting a fair proportion of the Chinese players in the same sessions in all events , only one other Chinese playing today after this mornings session , Yuan Sijun vs Selby at 1900 British time , maybe its just me though.

Comment

• Luca Brecel's scored 15 points in the first 4 frames.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                      Regardless of Guodong's presumed w/o theres a Chinese player on each of the 5 playing tables this morning , even though its in a non english speaking country Germany i've noticed they seem to like putting a fair proportion of the Chinese players in the same sessions in all events , only one other Chinese playing today after this mornings session , Yuan Sijun vs Selby at 1900 British time , maybe its just me though.
                      you're right, had not noticed that
                      whether the TD did this deliberately - I don't know

Comment

• Good wins for Judge , Juahui and eventually Yuelong , did anyone get to watch the Yuelong vs Dott match , it wasn't on bet365 and I couldn't get it to work on the Chinese streams.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

you're right, had not noticed that
                          whether the TD did this deliberately - I don't know
                          Could it be a time difference thing. Don't know what it is between Germany and China.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Could it be a time difference thing. Don't know what it is between Germany and China.
                            Yes thats a good point I overlooked, 11 am Germany time would have been somewhere around prime time 7 or 8 pm on the east China coast where their big cities are ? so yes that adds up.

Comment

• Anyone got a link for Gary Wilson match Bet365 not showing it.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Forgive me if it’s already been mentioned but why is there all these visa issues with this tournament ??

Comment

Working...
                                X