No announcement yet.

2023 & 2024 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Trump playing with a new cue recently?

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post
      Is Trump playing with a new cue recently?
      Last I heard was 2019 China Open when his cue was lost by the airline, nothing since AFAIK, anyone?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

No Trump still using the same cue since about 2014/15 I think. He got the one back that was lost. I think it just got delayed along with his other luggage.

Comment

Another century for Stan Moody, I honestly thought he would get smashed all over the place, he really seems to have kicked on, well done to him.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

well done Andres Petrov, 4-3 win over Mark Allen

Comment

Anybody else watch the late one tonight? Allen v Petrov, what a decider.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                well done Andres Petrov, 4-3 win over Mark Allen
                He seemed very happy with his win didn't he. Don't know why he was apologising to Mark, they both had their fair share of the rub.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Anyone know anything about why McGill played with a carbon fibre cue against Jimmy?

Comment

Very strange for me watching this evening and seeing McGill the pool player. Not just the cue, but the chalk on side of table and the glove…

I would have rooted for McGuigan anyway personally because I like his style and play but definitely exacerbated by Ants overall look as a player. ( said from a guy who actually appreciates Ants play in the past, especially his performance against Wilson at the worlds where I think had he won, non of this would be entertained now! )
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I know this is petty but the acoustics in that hall are terrible.

Comment

come on McGuigan

Comment

Feel sorry for McGuigan but that is some scrapping by McGill.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Feel sorry for McGuigan but that is some scrapping by McGill.
                            Didn't watch the match but McGill can disrupt other players with near ott safety, the first frame or two vs Lisowski at the Crucible will attest to that.

Comment

I have to say the standard of refereeing is absolutely shocking so far. I'm watching Williams vs Williams and this pair of referees, a new portuguese ref and the marker who I think is german, and neither have a clue about ball positioning after a foul and a miss. Basic cueball position and they faffed around for 3 mins trying to get the cueball back into a not difficult position. Anyone who refs matches for their own league can do a better job than half these foreign refs who simply don't have any knowledge of the game. Its like they've been hired firstly on the cheap, and secondly, to try and appeal in some way to make the sport more global. Apart from Jan Verhaas, I've never seen another ref from overseas exhibit the same level of knowledge and experience of British based refs.

Not to mention this little beauty in the previous round, probably the one of the worst refereeing mistakes I've seen.

https://x.com/Livesnooker/status/171...878510456?s=20

My question is, why are their more foreign refs than British on tour?
                              Last edited by cueman; 25 October 2023, 12:36 PM.

Comment

What's going on with the Petrov v Xing match? They played 1 frame, went off, and we've been staring at an empty table for the last 15 mins.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X