No announcement yet.

2023 & 2024 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if it's been asked before but is Maguire using a laminated cue?
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Looks like a MAC Cue from some years ago, but that's just a guess.

Comment

brand new maple cue according to ros in the commentary/analysis... must have been a tall skinny maple 😉

Comment

It's definitely not a natural maple cue, it's got two arrows on it and side grain.

Comment

Jimmy said it was a Maple cue with a bit of Ash in it. Didn’t quite understand that. He also said he had a shot of it and couldn’t pot a ball lol.

Comment

Yes its definitely a laminated cue Maguire was using, though who made it is anyone's guess. Given it was a 3/4 jointed, it could just as feasibly be a Peradon Newbury model, though I wonder how many pros would actually buy and use a stock cue these days when they are usually quite fussy with the spec?

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Yes its definitely a laminated cue Maguire was using, though who made it is anyone's guess. Given it was a 3/4 jointed, it could just as feasibly be a Peradon Newbury model, though I wonder how many pros would actually buy and use a stock cue these days when they are usually quite fussy with the spec?
                Yeah I thought it was a Newbury but I know other makers have made them.

Comment

Great performance from Chris today, really made the most from every chance and a few of the chances were very difficult. You can see he has drawn a lot of strength from his win in the shoot out. 👏👏
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

What a win for Wakelin, played a good game of snooker, no flash all solid; surprised with Lisowski's lack of pots, did he try too hard to force getting into the frames?
                    Roll on the second SF tonight, will it be as surpriing?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Is there anyone now that doesn't know that Lisowski will never win a tournamment ?
                      It's a big call I'm making and I hope to be shot down but the evidence was there this afternoon.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                        Is there anyone now that doesn't know that Lisowski will never win a tournamment ?
                        WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY!?!?!?!

hehehehe

Comment

No stopping the The Juggernaut.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                            It's a big call I'm making and I hope to be shot down but the evidence was there this afternoon.
                            He has all the talent in the world but he has no "B" game when he's not firing on all cylinders. His temperament and iffy shot choices come into question when things are not going his way. I thought Ebdon would instill some of his rock hard granite match play into him and be more patient (defensive). Judd has added this to his game and it has paid dividends.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              What a win for Wakelin, played a good game of snooker, no flash all solid; surprised with Lisowski's lack of pots, did he try too hard to force getting into the frames?
                              Roll on the second SF tonight, will it be as surpriing?
                              Well, no surprise there

Comment

oh that poor boy in the front row barely seeing over the cordon let along see the play on the table!
                                When I go to events I always go for 4-6 row up so you can actually see the table and what possible shots the players maybe going for.
                                I was once on first row and could not see a thing! Nearly broke my neck to see the big screen on the lighting gantry.

Comment

Working...
                                X