2023 & 2024 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Yes he's not maybe the consummate professional in many ways but I think he knows himself as a person, and knows he isn't able to dedicate himself in a way that would possibly work for other players. For some people the harder they push forward the further away the carrot seems to get.
    Yeah, respect for being brave enough to be himself.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Difficult watching Brecel struggle so much but any snooker players watching this match currently, will know how he's feeling out there. Sometimes you can't buy a break.

Maybe just maybe the snooker gods are going to give him that break. Never seen He Guoqiang play this poorly but it's been scrappy and that would appear not to suit him.
      Isn't it 2024 ?
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Isn't it 2024 ?
        Just re used an old thread, getting lazy with creating new ones.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Just re used an old thread, getting lazy with creating new ones.
          Thank heavens for that, I thought I was living in a dystopian Phillip K Dick future, seems it's real after all.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Thank heavens for that, I thought I was living in a dystopian Phillip K Dick future, seems it's real after all.
            And as if by magic, the shopkeeper appeared....and updated adding 2024!! Mr Ben salutes you Dean?
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Anyone else unable to sign into Bet 365 ?

Comment

And as if by magic, the shopkeeper appeared....and updated adding 2024!! Mr Ben salutes you Dean?
                Why didn't you just start the thread yourself ? Any subsequent attempt at humour would surely have a bit more weight behind it if you did.Edit didn't read #78
                Last edited by trains; Yesterday, 09:34 AM.

Comment

you're welcome
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Mad old match with Jimmy V Hossein, crazy how the balls can dictate a match but neither have been able to escape the dynamic that's formed. TBF Jimmy's stuck to the task and probably should've won 4-1 but was a tough brown to blue he fluffed.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Well done Jimmy. Can still grind out a result. Thought his safety play was good. Can still see the thin edges from nearly 12 feet.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                        Well done Jimmy. Can still grind out a result. Thought his safety play was good. Can still see the thin edges from nearly 12 feet.
                        Didn't see the match but that has to be his best result for donkeys years, going back even to the 98 Crucible ?

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Didn't see the match but that has to be his best result for donkeys years, going back even to the 98 Crucible ?
                          Seriously if you get time to watch a replay it's a grind but really worth watching. Never seen so many weird things happen in a match ever and that includes Kyren V McGill at the Worlds few years back.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Seriously if you get time to watch a replay it's a grind but really worth watching. Never seen so many weird things happen in a match ever and that includes Kyren V McGill at the Worlds few years back.
                            From the overhead angle, Vafaei's white seemed in/on the D on the yellow spot to me. Never seen a foul before for that, or even a player really try to take the **** by placing it outside. Jimmy said it had happened to him once at the Masters - anyone remember what he was talking about?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post

From the overhead angle, Vafaei's white seemed in/on the D on the yellow spot to me. Never seen a foul before for that, or even a player really try to take the **** by placing it outside. Jimmy said it had happened to him once at the Masters - anyone remember what he was talking about?
                              No you're right, I think obviously there was zero advantage for Hossein to gain in the shot he played by stealing a mm on position so a complete brain accident if it was outside the D.

Interesting to hear Mark Allen talking to Alan McManus in his post victory interview saying that this once happened to him and he has since always asked the referee if he is happy with he position in the D before playing his shot.

I guess if you consider you have placed the white on the yellow or green spot, you only need to be maybe less than one mm off it to be a foul! Ask the question to the ref and they say it's fine.... Then it's fine. Great point learned in pro snooker from Allen there. You never know when it may become key in a match, but Hossein may learn now.
                              Last edited by Cue crafty; Yesterday, 09:19 PM.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

No you're right, I think obviously there was zero advantage for Hossein to gain in the shot he played by stealing a mm on position so a complete brain accident if it was outside the D.

Interesting to hear Mark Allen talking to Alan McManus in his post victory interview saying that this once happened to him and he has since always asked the referee if he is happy with he position in the D before playing his shot.

I guess if you consider you have placed the white on the yellow or green spot, you only need to be maybe less than one mm off it to be a foul! Ask the question to the ref and they say it's fine.... Then it's fine. Great point learned in pro snooker from Allen there. You never know when it may become key in a match, but Hossein may learn now.
                                Indeed - and it actually threw both players' concentration off. Jimmy had a free ball brown-as-red, but then totally didn't think about position on a colour, whilst Vafaei was understandably bewildered and then fuming. No advantage whatsoever in a mm outside D in a full-length red over pocket like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X