Johnstone’s Paint Tour Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Luca will be No 1 seed as defending champion. Ronnie will be No 2. Don’t think Mark Allan can overtake Ronnie.
    Can't think of a stronger year for the Crucible Curse continuing, even Bingham and Dott looked likelier than Brecel to break it for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Can't think of a stronger year for the Crucible Curse continuing, even Bingham and Dott looked likelier than Brecel to break it for me.
      It seems unlikely I would agree, but then who picked Brecel to win it at all last year? There is something about his cavalier game that might just allow him to click
      and play with abandon seemingly, and win a few matches. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Good to see Paul Collier refereeing at this tournament as well, not seen him in ages.

Comment

Maybe even a first round exit? Robbo lurking.

Comment

While I didn't realistically think Dott would win it again, he did win the China Open just before going into the 2007 World Championship, and I think he was number 2 in the provisional rankings at the time, or something like that anyway.

Comment

Not to derail the thread, but the "Crucible Curse" - it always gets forgotten that Joe Johnson, having won it as a 150-1 outsider in 1986, made it all the way through to the final again in 1987, only to lose to Steve Davis - who wasn't about to lose three Crucible finals on the trot, after Dennis Taylor in 1985 and JJ in 1986.

Right, back to the Tour Championship!

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

While I didn't realistically think Dott would win it again, he did win the China Open just before going into the 2007 World Championship, and I think he was number 2 in the provisional rankings at the time, or something like that anyway.
                Looking forward to your detailed analysis of each seed at the crucible.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
                  Not to derail the thread, but the "Crucible Curse" - it always gets forgotten that Joe Johnson, having won it as a 150-1 outsider in 1986, made it all the way through to the final again in 1987, only to lose to Steve Davis - who wasn't about to lose three Crucible finals on the trot, after Dennis Taylor in 1985 and JJ in 1986.

Right, back to the Tour Championship!
                  As a schoolboy i put a small bet on Davis to win that repeat 87 world final, didn't win much though as he was a heavy favourite.
                  I remember being quite impressed with Terry Griffith's in the final the following year too.

Comment

Someone give Ronnie a pith helmet pls... this half-look he's trying to pull is giving me serious eye cancer.
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Looked red first to me.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Looked red first to me.
                        Me too. Big call.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Me too. Big call.
                          Definitely red first on the slomo. The ref refused to check it, said it wasn't real time, how can that be an argument?
                          To me I think the refs guessed there, it was tight but there is no way he could definitely make that call without a guess.
                          He shouldn't be guessing and if it's that tight surely the benifit of the doubt goes to it being a fair shot, especially as the player didn't think it was a foul.
                          Last edited by itsnoteasy; 5 April 2024, 02:18 PM.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Psychologically I thought it was not very smart to tell the referee to have a close look at your next shot... he'll be already biased towards a foul.
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Perhaps of more import is that Wilson missed the red anyway and left it over the hole so would have lost the frame as it was. It did look red first though, but a very
                              hard call.

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post
                                Perhaps of more import is that Wilson missed the red anyway and left it over the hole so would have lost the frame as it was. It did look red first though, but a very
                                hard call.
                                The red dropped, didn't it?
                                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Working...
                                X