Johnstone’s Paint Tour Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

It's funny how we see things differently because on the line of the shot the red looked closer to me​​​​​​, it was tight but my main concern was the ref refusing to check it. Why will the check where to put the balls back after a foul but not check the screen for a foul.
    Snooker is bad enough with that daft miss rule dictating that every time a snooker is missed it's deliberate. Referees are there to make judgements as well as spot the colours, a bit of controversy is a good thing, gives a talking point that's more relevant than the colour of someones shirt.
    Look at what VAR has done to football, do we want that in snooker ?
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I’m sure it was said, during an interview with ref Paul Collier, that he would be overseeing the final (and that it would be his last before taking a backstage managerial role). What happened?
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

This early passage of play feels… weird! Williams taking excessively long thinking periods, to then play a nothing shot, and O’Sullivan looking all tight and tense.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Finally it seems someone is able and determined to stand up to O'Sullivan. This has been vintage Williams, didn't think he was capable of this level match after match. On this form he's a strong candidate for a 4th World title.

Comment

Good play from Williams, the important however comes next… if a Ronnie counter happens can he weather the storm, will that happen from Ronnie and can Mark make a proper stand against it if he does.

game on!! 😎
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Why do ITV refuse to have two decent commentators in the box at the same time? The ‘other’ is always either Phil Alan-Partridge Yates or Dave ‘how did I get this gig?’ Hendon. Why can’t we have Foulds and Hendry, or Doherty and McManus? Or any of those permutations?

Comment

Is that true? MJW beating ROS only two times in 22 years gotta be the most amazing snooker stat I've heard in a very, very, very long time... mindboggling.
                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Well probably unlikely Williams will lose now at 9-5 up...

Comment

Quote not working.
                    Billy, post #66 Agreed but I think the former players Foulds, Mc Manus etc let the presentation down as well, if they had any balls they'd only be discussing the game with keen players or other former pro's.
                    No other sports as far as I know has such long time numpties on the mic, why does snooker ?

Comment

Pretty safe now we won't see that "I got only one shirt left"- sick-****-brown shirt ever again...
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Boom 💥 about time Mark well done, great performance. 👏👏👏
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Great win for Mark Williams, deserved it, stood up to the Ronnie blitz and fired back stronger.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Great performance by MJW. Deserved the win.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                              Quote not working.
                              Billy, post #66 Agreed but I think the former players Foulds, Mc Manus etc let the presentation down as well, if they had any balls they'd only be discussing the game with keen players or other former pro's.
                              Not quite sure I understand. The punditry is always with other former pros.

Comment

That delightful shirt will be going straight in the bin.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X