Shanghai Masters 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Seems he was at it again this morning, looks a good match that, I'll have take a look later. Ronnie v Ding shortly, I wonder how that one will go.

-
    Murphy is a treat to watch in such flow. The ROS v Ding match is a good talking point for the locals for viewership etc but I feel its getting boring watching them play so many times in the recent past.

Comment

Common Murphy! Is he carrying/using those 3 cues he spoke of, last season?
      Last edited by fkhan; 19 July 2024, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
        Common Murphy! Is he carrying/using those 3 cues he spoke of, last season?
        I think not as when he arrived in China he reported that "his cue" was lost and the tracker had it still on the plane, etc -"his cue" singular
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Come on Shaun indeed, coming back from way behind, grit and a little luck

Comment

Well done The Magician.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I think not as when he arrived in China he reported that "his cue" was lost and the tracker had it still on the plane, etc -"his cue" singular
              Oh the worst nightmare for any snooker player. Did he lose his main cue and now played with a backup cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Oh the worst nightmare for any snooker player. Did he lose his main cue and now played with a backup cue?
                No, sounds like he took his "main" cue, lost in the airport for some hours but then it did turn up.

Comment

Looking forward to today's match, should be good, Ronnie vs Judd

Comment

I too was looking forward to watching Ronnie v Judd. I've had my recorder set all week as a series link and went to watch it just now and blow me they shifted the output from channel 414 to 413 so didn't get it.

Why on earth do they do that!!!!!!

Anyone know if I can 'catch-up' anywhere?

many thanks.

Comment

Rickshaw for Ronnie lol.

Comment

Maybe Ronnie was affected by the news of Ray Reardon as he didn't seem to be very focussed on the match to be fair.
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                          Maybe Ronnie was affected by the news of Ray Reardon as he didn't seem to be very focussed on the match to be fair.
                          Would definitely have affected him I would say. Bit of a Father figure.

Comment

Yes Ronnie didn't turn up today, can't think last time he lost 10-3 to anyone. If it is upset at the great Ray Reardon's death then that is to his credit I think.

Trump did play well too, took the chances presented and won easily. Final could be interesting, I think I favour Trump, he's pretty reliable in these situations.

Comment

I forgot to mention, Mark Allen's match was fairly awful. Car crash snooker, you don't want to look but have to. I know he wants to win, but
                              it has been shown that this tactic does not guarantee a win, maybe slightly improves the odds but not much. Given his talent and status, not
                              sure it is the right method for him really. Just my opinion naturally.

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post
                                I forgot to mention, Mark Allen's match was fairly awful. Car crash snooker, you don't want to look but have to. I know he wants to win, but
                                it has been shown that this tactic does not guarantee a win, maybe slightly improves the odds but not much. Given his talent and status, not
                                sure it is the right method for him really. Just my opinion naturally.
                                Since he changed his style of play - from attacking to snails-pace - his matches have become unattractive to watch BUT seems to be working for him on the ranking and bank account side of things

Comment

Working...
                                X