Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanghai Masters 2024

Starts on the 15/07/24.

Still seems a bit early to me for the season to be getting going, but it is a fair line up if everyone turns up.

Be interested in particular to see who does well, Jak Jones specifically now he is in the top 16. Ronnie does
    seem to like this tournament though.

early start tomorrow
    0230 UK for me - I will try

https://www.snooker.org/res/index.as...=45&event=1847
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Where to watch:

Europe (including UK and Ireland) - Eurosport, Discovery+
      China - CCTV5, Huya.com, CBSA-WPBSA Academy WeChat, CBSA-WPBSA Academy Douyin
      Hong Kong China - Now TV
      Thailand - Truesport
      Taiwan - Sportcast
      All other territories - Matchroom.live

Comment

I saw it start today at 230, Carter and Qui Liu I think. In truth, I felt sorry for them they really didn't seem to play well
        no problems for Carter.

Zhang and the schoolboy Zhou was a bit livelier but Zhang didn't perform at all really, I wonder if he is going back the other
        way now after his good form a year or so ago. Hopefully not. The young lad did okay and deserved to win. He plays RoS now
        tomorrow, a possible banana skin for RoS but unlikely you would think.

Hawkins and the other Zhou is a decent match though.

I know it's early in the tournament but the crowds have been thin. No issues for Mark Williams either.
        Last edited by FredDavis'Leg; 15 July 2024, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Yep, I noticed the empty seats as well, quite normal for Chinese events to have tiered pricing for closeness and the bulk of the audience will be out of camera-shot.

Comment

First chance I've had to watch any of this, couple of promising matches this afternoon, trump v MJW should be good.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Good crowds for RoS and Ding today as you would expect and popular victories. They play each other now I think that will be
              sold out you would expect. Trump put Williams away fairly easily it seemed to me. I can live without Steven Hallworth's commentary
              really, I think it is him anyway, like most of the other commentators too much said for me. Just dial it back a little.

Comment

On ES, the live stream is missing. They are showing tour de France instead. Is it just for me or others too?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                  On ES, the live stream is missing. They are showing tour de France instead. Is it just for me or others too?
                  Is it not on ES 2 ?
                  in the UK cycling was ES1 and snooker ES2
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Is it not on ES 2 ?
                    in the UK cycling was ES1 and snooker ES2
                    Oh ok. Sorry I just have the ES app on my phone. It does allow me to select ES1 or ES2.

Comment

Oh ok. Sorry I just have the ES app on my phone. It does allow me to select ES1 or ES2.
                      Bet 365 will be showing it, I'm on discovery.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Bet 365 will be showing it, I'm on discovery.
                        Thanks. They barred bet365 here a few months back I will try to find a stream.

Update: Was just able to get to ES2 on the website. Thanks.
                        Last edited by fkhan; 17 July 2024, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Disappointing performance from the world champion today. Zhou was good, but Kyren was pretty poor, some decent recovery pots, but his white was all over the place.
                          Holiday hangover or pressure from the weigh of the crown?

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            Disappointing performance from the world champion today. Zhou was good, but Kyren was pretty poor, some decent recovery pots, but his white was all over the place.
                            Holiday hangover or pressure from the weigh of the crown?

-
                            The latter, IMO. BTW, Murphy played near perfect Snooker after that miss to the center by Higgins.

Comment

....Murphy played near perfect Snooker after that miss to the center by Higgins.
                              Seems he was at it again this morning, looks a good match that, I'll have take a look later. Ronnie v Ding shortly, I wonder how that one will go.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                              X