No announcement yet.

2024 Wuhan Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you'd watched it you'd know he did't look lke he was trying and as a betting man you'd care a lot if you had a tenner on him.

BTW the extraneous noise in that venue is maddening, every seat, door and person with a cough sounds like it's plugged into a hundred watt Marshall.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
      BTW the extraneous noise in that venue is maddening, every seat, door and person with a cough sounds like it's plugged into a hundred watt Marshall.
      100% this. Someone banged a door/seat/whatever while Murphy was down on a shot earlier, and I jumped out of my seat, never mind Murphy. Sounded like a gunshot. Far worse than the tray crash Selby complained about at Ally Pally.

The players never seem to criticise foreign venues (silence on a week of deserted venue in Saudi, the ambient white noise in Wuhan), yet they're happy to lay into the slightest thing at Brentwood, Cheltenham, Llandudno, Ally Pally, York, Sheffield.

Comment

Which all makes me wonder if it’s a sound equipment picking up the noise and making it louder for viewers?!? Surely if it were that loud in the venue for the players they would be putting a tip through the cloth if hearing some of those bangs whilst down on the shot!!
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Which all makes me wonder if it’s a sound equipment picking up the noise and making it louder for viewers?!? Surely if it were that loud in the venue for the players they would be putting a tip through the cloth if hearing some of those bangs whilst down on the shot!!
          I've been wondering that - was even going to email David Hendon about it. Surely there's some way with the streaming of mixing/tweaking the audio feed before it's broadcast down the line?

Comment

Wow wow wow. 147 by Si. Brilliant stuff.

Comment

WARNING new genius at work. Never seen anyone stroke the cueball better than Si did during the break. Superb.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post

I've been wondering that - was even going to email David Hendon about it. Surely there's some way with the streaming of mixing/tweaking the audio feed before it's broadcast down the line?
                They've just talked about it for the first time I think, because Si was disturbed by someone causing a ruckus. Neil Foulds said noise has been an issue all week so far, so maybe not just the sound tech.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

They've just talked about it for the first time I think, because Si was disturbed by someone causing a ruckus. Neil Foulds said noise has been an issue all week so far, so maybe not just the sound tech.
                  I don't even think it's the fans fault, primarily - by the look of that temporary seating, it's the spring-loaded 'bang up/bang down' stuff. Bound to make an absolute din in an echoey tin shed warehouse hangar type venue.

Comment

WARNING new genius at work. Never seen anyone stroke the cueball better than Si did during the break. Superb.
                    Could we have a new dominant force in the game? I feel like we're just waiting for it to 'click' with him, and if it does, and he gets that consistency thing going....

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Could we have a new dominant force in the game? I feel like we're just waiting for it to 'click' with him, and if it does, and he gets that consistency thing going....

-
                      I do feel like I witnessed something special there yesterday, he didn't just win, he took an in form Trump apart. I guess only time will tell with the consistency thing, but it feels like it's time for him to step forwards and away from the pack. I think snooker needs him to do that.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I do feel like I witnessed something special there yesterday, he didn't just win, he took an in form Trump apart. I guess only time will tell with the consistency thing, but it feels like it's time for him to step forwards and away from the pack. I think snooker needs him to do that.
                        Even when in form, for whatever reason, Trump's cueball goes AWOL more than it should for a player of his ability, which is why his laying and escaping from snookers, and pack splits, often go wrong. He is very good, of course, and really entertaining to watch, but for me, he's lacking in the finesse which lifts a player apart from the rest of the best.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Good session for Guodong this morning but still got lots to do. Would like to see him win a ranking title cos surely there won’t be many more chances. Si on the other hand looks to have a long career ahead of him and maybe a couple of World titles.

Comment

Very consistent play from Xiao, he's played that way all week so looking at a deserved lead in this final. Hope there's a few fireworks before it's over though, be good to see some fighting qualities from Si. Can't just depend on playing well when riding the wave.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Pretty good final in the end. As CC said a while ago, Si needs to work on his ring craft. Lovely match winning snooker from Xiao.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Really pleased for the lad. Always nice to see someone get their first ranking trophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X