2024 Wuhan Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I do feel like I witnessed something special there yesterday, he didn't just win, he took an in form Trump apart. I guess only time will tell with the consistency thing, but it feels like it's time for him to step forwards and away from the pack. I think snooker needs him to do that.
    No one plays snooker like that consistantly, something clicks inside and something else just happens with the run of the balls that the player himself has no clue or control over and it doesn't replicate from day to day or match to match and we saw that today. The thing about Hendry and Davis dominating for ten years was that more often than not the opposition handed chances back everytime they were gifted one, that doesn't happen today, the fear factor is getting less and less.

I'm really please for Xiao, he's been dragging that cue and case around the circuit for 17 years and has finally won one and played damn well to do so, something to tell his grandchildren when he's laid back in the rocking chair.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

No one plays snooker like that consistantly, something clicks inside and something else just happens with the run of the balls that the player himself has no clue or control over and it doesn't replicate from day to day or match to match and we saw that today. The thing about Hendry and Davis dominating for ten years was that more often than not the opposition handed chances back everytime they were gifted one, that doesn't happen today, the fear factor is getting less and less.

I'm really please for Xiao, he's been dragging that cue and case around the circuit for 17 years and has finally won one and played damn well to do so, something to tell his grandchildren when he's laid back in the rocking chair.
      Yes completely true V, what Si will need to learn is what Trump himself has learned... You can't always play "lights out" snooker so you must learn how to win more matches on your B game.

Pleased for Xiao too, he's 35 now and has put some graft into his practice so I wouldn't have enjoyed seeing him flounder today.

One last thing I would add.... Si didn't look gutted enough to me at the end.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Yes completely true V, what Si will need to learn is what Trump himself has learned... You can't always play "lights out" snooker so you must learn how to win more matches on your B game.
        To be fair that lesson was handed out to him at the Crucible in 2023 against Brecel when 14-5 in front. B game doesn't enter into it on tables that have more receptive pockets as was the case in 2023 and at Wuhan this week, you have to learn to reign it in when the balls aren't running in your favour no matter how well you're potting.
        I'm pretty sure we've all been through that before when every split, kiss and nudge goes awry leaving you on the cushion, bridging over balls and knocking colours that you need safe on safeties. Snooker can be a nightmare when in a run of the balls like that and you're potting great.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
        X