Saudi Arabia Masters 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi Arabia Masters 2024

Starts on Friday. Big money on offer. Not sure about TV coverage or time differences. Someone will post up nearer the time.

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    Starts on Friday. Big money on offer. Not sure about TV coverage or time differences. Someone will post up nearer the time.
    WST Matches has times as 12:00UK and RoRo at 13:00, then 18:00UK with RoRo 19:00
    https://www.wst.tv/matches

Apparently WST also says this will be on Eurosport and Matchroom.live - and others; so subscriptions needed I think.
    I will probably be watching on Bet365
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I've been watching the xian grand prix on u tube if that helps not perfect but live

Comment

Not much of a crowd for Jimmy.

Comment

Can't see any live matches on ES as of now.

Comment

FFS Selts cue broken at the airport. What a bummer. Probably have to borrow one.

Comment

Duct tape.
              王可

Comment

Win for Jimmy. Can still pot a few balls.

Comment

This is the same event as the one we had last year with the golden ball, isn't it? The one where the prince promised to double the golden ball prize money, during the final presentation ceremony? So what happened to it? I wonder was it the Saudis or WS who wanted it dropped.

I watched the Hamilton Mink match, bit of a strange one all in all, lighting outage and everything. She did OK though, took a couple of frames from the wily old Sheriff.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                    Duct tape.
                    A local carpenter has glued it back together apparently. Must feel a bit different I would think.

Comment

well done Noppon Saengkham on another maximum

he is in line for £50,000 if no one matches it

Last edited by DeanH; 1 September 2024, 07:45 PM.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Another tournament with no decent coverage. 👏 WS

Comment

Can literally count the crowd numbers on one hand. It's really embarrassing.

Comment

Tremendous match between Wakelin and Un Nooh, quality snooker throughout and a great clearance from Un Nooh in the decider to take it.
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

So far the matches have I have seen have been about as good as the crowd numbers in terms of quality and excitement. Vafaei and Woolaston today being a very good example of that. I have no idea how popular snooker is in Saudi Arabia but it would seem that local people are not too bothered about coming out to watch it in person. No idea also if that is due to ticket price, or people just prefer to watch tv at home. I have seen bigger crowds during covid! I am sure it will improve crowd wise, and I would hope match wise too.

It's an odd tournament that could change the rankings considerably, whether in the longer run that is a good thing I am not sure about. I like the drone shots of Riyadh though in between frames.

Comment

Working...
                              X