No announcement yet.

Saudi Arabia Masters 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good win for Scott Donaldson 5-2 V Ryan Day. Some much needed ranking points as he hasn’t qualified for next two events.

Comment

I saw they have changed the draw .... after the tournament started. Because they stuffed it up

Comment

Another great win for Scott Donaldson over Barry Hawkins.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Another great win for Scott Donaldson over Barry Hawkins.
          One more win for biggest career cheque I think. Must be feeling confident.

Comment

Unusual foul. Dings tip came off and touched a red after he’d played his shot. Frame suspended whilst he gets someone to put the tip back on.

Comment

I think Ronnie will get Zhanged again today.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                Unusual foul. Dings tip came off and touched a red after he’d played his shot. Frame suspended whilst he gets someone to put the tip back on.
                It cost him the match, right in the middle of what could have been a match winning break in the decider. Super glue strikes again imo, I use epoxy resin and have never had a tip come off, have to cut them off when a new one is due.
                There is usually a warning the tip is loose before it actually comes off, a tinging noise as you strike the cue ball, Ding must have ignored it for a while hoping it would last 'til the end of the frame.
                It had to be Marteil didn't it, if you were losing your hair and a stray one fell onto a ball he would spot it and call foul.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Just started watching/playing again after a pleasant siesta lovely match with Ronnie & Anda, I thought Ronnie's temperament and mindset was excellent to win this one. The acceptance of an opponents luck and good play was really well undertook by O'Sullivan and to produce what he did to draw back and then get over the line was pretty special for me watching.

A huge reminder or prerequisite of which is required to prevail in sport....maybe especially snooker!
                  Last edited by Cue crafty; 4 September 2024, 10:02 PM.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                    Just started watching/playing again after a pleasant siesta lovely match with Ronnie & Anda, I thought Ronnie's temperament and mindset was excellent to win this one. The acceptance of an opponents luck and good play was really well undertook by O'Sullivan and to produce what he did to draw back and then get over the line was pretty special for me watching.

A huge reminder or prerequisite of which is required to prevail in sport....maybe especially snooker!

Yeah, it was a really good match, with a class close out from Ronnie.
                    Great to see you back CC, thought we'd lost you for a minute there.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yeah, it was a really good match, with a class close out from Ronnie.
                      Great to see you back CC, thought we'd lost you for a minute there.

-
                      Let's both hope, there's more posts to opine on, otherwise the small talk (of which I've supplied much over the years) doesn't seem enough to encourage many to post themselves.

As the nights look to turn in, and the warmth of the indoor hall ignites, heres to snooker chat on the best forum known.... 🙏
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Let's both hope, there's more posts to opine on, otherwise the small talk (of which I've supplied much over the years) doesn't seem enough to encourage many to post themselves.

As the nights look to turn in, and the warmth of the indoor hall ignites, heres to snooker chat on the best forum known.... 🙏
                        Well, all we can do is keep the home fires burning, hopefully things will pick up as the tourneys drop. 🤞

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

That looked a thick contact to me on the Robertson missed red after the long blue.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Got a feeling Judds going to walk all over Neil in this match, Robertson doesn't look sharp to me. I hear he's been putting the work in but playing an inform Judd is a different prospect.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Judd making a few mistakes and Neil digging in well, just what he needs to get himself back up there. Making a good match to watch now.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Quarter-final, Trump vs Robertson, and literally six* people in the venue - if this was Brentwood, Prestatyn, Edinburgh, Hull, etc, they'd be ripping it to shreds and WST holding post-mortems.

But I'm yet to hear a single commentator, or player, mention this massive elephant-(not)-in-the room.
                                Last edited by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra; 5 September 2024, 01:42 PM. Reason: ETA: edited to add: a few more have turned up, and looks like 20-30 max now, in a sea of empty seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X