Saudi Arabia Masters 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
    Quarter-final, Trump vs Robertson, and literally six* people in the venue - if this was Brentwood, Prestatyn, Edinburgh, Hull, etc, they'd be ripping it to shreds and WST holding post-mortems.

But I'm yet to hear a single commentator, or player, mention this massive elephant-(not)-in-the room.
    Yeh it's BS and they've obviously been told not to talk about it ðŸĪ if you go on the WST channel on YouTube the comments box is turned off for all Saudi related videos. 🙈🙉🙊

Still the snookers good to watch I guess. Also think Steven Hallworth is a nice addition to the mix, good guy with a nice TV personality and was a decent player so knows what he's talking about.
    ⚩ ðŸ”īðŸŸĄðŸŸĒðŸŸĪðŸ”ĩ💗âšŦðŸ•ģïļðŸ˜Ž

Comment

Half a million to the winner ,all their morals go out the window . You won't be allowed to criticise the hand that feeds you.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

That missed red from Si could be the turning point in this match, I fancy Ronnie for this now.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Half a million to the winner ,all their morals go out the window . You won't be allowed to criticise the hand that feeds you.
          They're not allowed to anyway, part of the players contract not to diss on sponsors, equipment or countries politics. It could be worse, it could be in Tel Aviv, now that would be a test, certainly one that I wouldn't pass.
          Ronnie goes out to Si Jahui, good match, Ronnie playing a lot of left handed shots, says it forces him to concentrate, didn't work though, well done Si and well done Mark Williams, 6-0 winner against Jimmy Robertson, that must have hurt as he'd been playing well to now.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Crackin' match. Shame about Si's max, but he showed real maturity where other more experienced players would have wobbled at the sight of ROS gaining on them at a rate of knots.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

I heard Rons post match interview after he beat Zhang, he nearly started saying something new along the lines that he'd realised when he was saying he'd played terrible he actually watched footage and in retrospect realised he had actually played very well, and matches where he actually thought he had played well, he was actually missing balls and making unforced errors etc....

Anyways point of my post is, I honestly believe he has a false image of a "perfect" player he once was...sorry Ron but you've never been perfect, you've always missed balls at times and made unforced errors since year dot. It ain't a crime?!?!

He should have a bit more confidence in him self cos tbh he ain't a bad player.... Lad could do well 💊 😋

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Yeh it's BS and they've obviously been told not to talk about it ðŸĪ if you go on the WST channel on YouTube the comments box is turned off for all Saudi related videos. 🙈🙉🙊

Still the snookers good to watch I guess. Also think Steven Hallworth is a nice addition to the mix, good guy with a nice TV personality and was a decent player so knows what he's talking about.
                Agree on both - don't like the blue carpet, but the snooker's been good to watch, and Steven Hallworth an excellent new addition - nice voice, has some interesting technical knowledge, funny, and not full of himself.

Riyadh itself looks like hell in the desert on those ad-break drone shots. Wow, you've got skyscrapers, well done. So has everywhere else.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post

Riyadh itself looks like hell in the desert on those ad-break drone shots. Wow, you've got skyscrapers, well done. So has everywhere else.
                  Yes, it looks exactly like my idea of hell too! Whoever in marketing thought it was a great idea to play that Ad continuously during the frame set up should be shot! Once you've seen it a few times it becomes like Chinese water torture, thank heaven for fast forward!!

Comment

Tickets for masters snooker finals in riyadh available for resell.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ahmed229 View Post
                      Tickets for masters snooker finals in riyadh available for resell.
                      Probably just be able to pay at the door.

Comment

The big hair presenter bloke just said they are not showing the final on Eurosport, only Discovery+. So, have they been showing this Tournament on Eurosport this week? But they're not showing the final? Surely not, I MUST be mistaken.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

I think I've seen all I can take now of the giant potato peeler with twinkly lights on it anyway. ðŸĪŠ

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            I think I've seen all I can take now of the giant potato peeler with twinkly lights on it anyway. ðŸĪŠ
                            Am I right about Eurosport showing it all this week then abandoning it at the final?

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Probably just be able to pay at the door.
                              Online on webook.com

Comment

Looks like it. Just looked at the schedules, they're only showing the second session of the final from 6pm on Eurosport 1. Bit bizarre showing everything from the first ball hit but then not showing all of the final. Expect it's a ruse to get people to sign up to the D+ app at ÂĢ6.99 per month...

Comment

Working...
                                X