Saudi Arabia Masters 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Beertrix Potter View Post
    Looks like it. Just looked at the schedules, they're only showing the second session of the final from 6pm on Eurosport 1. Bit bizarre showing everything from the first ball hit but then not showing all of the final. Expect it's a ruse to get people to sign up to the D+ app at £6.99 per month...
    Thanks for answering my question BP ( you have the best username on here, by a long chalk ) That's unbelievable, what a great way to anger and frustrate both loyal and potential new fans.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Am I right about Eurosport showing it all this week then abandoning it at the final?

-
      Looks like it mate, not the first time they've done it either. Makes me take a very cynical view of these bandits trying to hold people to ransom.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Am I right about Eurosport showing it all this week then abandoning it at the final?

-
        yep, no surprise Eurosport have done this before (showing all week and then dumped to stream at the weekend) and I am sure with Discovery taken over it will happen more.

Don't forget you can watch on betting sites as always - maybe no commentary - but to some that is a benefit
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Looks like it mate, not the first time they've done it either. Makes me take a very cynical view of these bandits trying to hold people to ransom.
          Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          yep, no surprise Eurosport have done this before (showing all week and then dumped to stream at the weekend) and I am sure with Discovery taken over it will happen more.
          Don't blame Eeurosport or Discovery+, because it's not their fault. Blame the sport's promotors, who's job it is to negotiate the contracts with the broadcasters. In this case, the blame lies solely and squarely with Del'boy and Rodney.

-

The slow and labourious,

Comment

Don't blame Eeurosport or Discovery+, because it's not their fault. Blame the sport's promotors, who's job it is to negotiate the contracts with the broadcasters. In this case, the blame lies solely and squarely with Del'boy and Rodney.
            LOL

also, let's not forget, there is a lot more live sport happening at the weekends for some reason :shrug: :wink:

Comment

Luckily my mute button works for the intros

Apologies to the president of the Saudi billiards and the lady playing violin - probably magnificently - please get the boys on the baize!

And that is the first time ever I have typed or spoken that phrase - that is how desperate I am to get this over, please.
              Last edited by DeanH; 7 September 2024, 11:17 AM.

Comment

🤯🤯

ok so sound back on, here we go

oh darn, Doherty at the mike, as long as he does not say opp-er-tune-i-ee

Last edited by DeanH; 7 September 2024, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Little bit of culture for us morons. Lady with a banjo, sorry probably a Stradivarius.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50
                    Little bit of culture for us morons. Lady with a banjo lol.
                    And a blue banjo at that.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Very nervy pair of frames, 62% and 52% pot success for Mark and Judd respectively. 1 - 1

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

I'm watching the final live right now on you tube and it's free

Comment

Originally Posted by jags View Post
                          I'm watching the final live right now on you tube and it's free
                          Thanks for the heads-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIJikTpOq0g

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

-

That still makes Discovery Trigger. 🤣
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

That still makes Discovery Trigger. 🤣
                              Pssst, ear mate, wanna buy a bag of slightly dodgy snooker.....

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                                Little bit of culture for us morons. Lady with a banjo, sorry probably a Stradivarius.
                                Might have been good if it was plugged into an amp, couldn't hear it.
                                OK so there are a lot of nay sayers about this tournament but one thing I really like about it is the lack of corporatism, funded entirely by the saudi ministry of sport. The sparse crowds are typical for something new in a country that doesn't have a snooker history but give it a chance and it might grow like it did in china.
                                One thing for certain is that there are very few bad contacts due to the low humidity in that part of the world, Trump loves near perfect conditions, can't see him losing it to be honest but Williams has the game to beat him.
                                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                                X