Saudi Arabia Masters 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg
    The commentary has reached such a low level now that my wife has asked for it to be turned right down. Hallworth seems to have memorised the collected works of sports
    cliches and spews them out like verbal diahrrea. Where is Foulds or even McManus commentating? Or even Hendon? Yates and Hallworth is a bad, word heavy unfunny unenlightened
    pairing imo. What I wouldn't give for Clive Everton alone commentating right now, no idea if he is watching it but if he is I wonder if he is as driven to mute the commentary
    as I am? I wonder in general what he makes of this unusual tournament? Yates by himself is better.
    I am really enjoying Hallworths commentary. Be nice m8

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg
      The commentary has reached such a low level now that my wife has asked for it to be turned right down. Hallworth seems to have memorised the collected works of sports
      cliches and spews them out like verbal diahrrea. Where is Foulds or even McManus commentating? Or even Hendon? Yates and Hallworth is a bad, word heavy unfunny unenlightened
      pairing imo. What I wouldn't give for Clive Everton alone commentating right now, no idea if he is watching it but if he is I wonder if he is as driven to mute the commentary
      as I am? I wonder in general what he makes of this unusual tournament? Yates by himself is better.
      You're sounding like Leon & June from Gogglebox.....Yates.... By himself!?! Alan Partridge fan??
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Cmon Willo one more Legend

Comment

If anyone ever doubted Williams saying he doesn't really care with such nonchalance, take a look at that black cut in the middle, he lives the words he speaks. I think this tourney was possibly made for him? He's already happy with his paycheck so he playing for fun now.... judd as he said earlier Hates losing!! Pressure on Judd then...
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

That is the best clearance ever made in a deciding frame of a tournament, arguably the most pressured clearance ever. Remarkable nerve, the absolute GOAT, and I make no apologies for putting him ahead of anyone that has played the game.

Comment

Unbelievable.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

What a match….
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Might have been good if it was plugged into an amp, couldn't hear it.
                  OK so there are a lot of nay sayers about this tournament but one thing I really like about it is the lack of corporatism, funded entirely by the saudi ministry of sport. The sparse crowds are typical for something new in a country that doesn't have a snooker history but give it a chance and it might grow like it did in china.
                  One thing for certain is that there are very few bad contacts due to the low humidity in that part of the world, Trump loves near perfect conditions, can't see him losing it to be honest but Williams has the game to beat him.
                  The whole country is based on oil, if that's not corporate I don't know what is. It's named after a family , it's like England being called Chuck Windsor.
                  I thought Williams sounded a bit choked up during that interview.
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 7 September 2024, 08:28 PM.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Would've been a classic if Mark had won. Well done to Judd though, was a great clearance, under the circumstances.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

The whole country is based on oil, if that's not corporate I don't know what is. It's named after a family , it's like England being called Chuck Windsor.
                      Yes just because they don't play adverts in between doesn't mean they aren't corporate, Saudi has created its own brand of corporate whatever way you dress it up.

Thought Willo had it there for a second, that was such a fine margin, but the red he missed was tight and there is no shame in just missing that one. Did sound emotional, can't help but feel that comes to the best of us with age. He should feel very very proud of that performance. 👏
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        That is the best clearance ever made in a deciding frame of a tournament, arguably the most pressured clearance ever. Remarkable nerve, the absolute GOAT, and I make no apologies for putting him ahead of anyone that has played the game.
                        Interesting take about being the GOAT.
                        Didn't see any of this tournament but that might actually be true, what struck me about him was his 27 ? straight wins over best of 7 matches a few years ago, impressive.
                        Commentators like to say shorter matches are easier for lower ranked opponents but that in turn would make them harder for higher ranked opponents and these tournaments are most often won by the top players so there's no difference.
                        He'd want to win a few more world championships but I think even now him being the GOAT is a perfectly credible argument.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

The royal family of britain own practically all the land in the UK, plus the whole of the seas within the 12 mile limit as well as half the commonwealth under the guise of 'crown estates' so we're all owned by a german family named Sax - Coburg - Gotha who took up the name Windsor in 1917 because they and their relatives in russia were at war with their relatives in germany over empire.
                          All the countries in the middle east were created after WW1 by the british, french and the US to divide up the oil fields, there was no iran, iraq, jordan, syria etc as they were all under the ottoman empire and peopled by nomadic tribes who's leaders were given kingdoms to rule by the allies as long as they gave the allies the oil they wanted in return for western arms. The west even stirred up sunni shia hatred to stoke division amongst the countries they created and allowed israel to be created as there was no oil there (that has now changed off the coast of gaza), all this for oil and arms sales.

Great match last night, Williams definately twitched on the red he missed on 62 in the decider, there was body movement and it cost him but what a great clearance by Judd, rode his luck when splitting the two safe reds off a red and landing on the pink. The run of the balls is crucial in snooker, if you don't get it you can't win no matter how good you are, Williams got nothing from splitting the pack off a colour time and again yet also got the run in the penultimate frame when spiltting the pack off a red and landing on the blue, you can't predict anything in this game.

I think the ranking points being tied to prize money is quite unfair in regards to tournaments like this being worth so much.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

The royal family of britain own practically all the land in the UK, plus the whole of the seas within the 12 mile limit as well as half the commonwealth under the guise of 'crown estates' so we're all owned by a german family named Sax - Coburg - Gotha who took up the name Windsor in 1917 because they and their relatives in russia were at war with their relatives in germany over empire.
                            All the countries in the middle east were created after WW1 by the british, french and the US to divide up the oil fields, there was no iran, iraq, jordan, syria etc as they were all under the ottoman empire and peopled by nomadic tribes who's leaders were given kingdoms to rule by the allies as long as they gave the allies the oil they wanted in return for western arms. The west even stirred up sunni shia hatred to stoke division amongst the countries they created and allowed israel to be created as there was no oil there (that has now changed off the coast of gaza), all this for oil and arms sales.

Great match last night, Williams definately twitched on the red he missed on 62 in the decider, there was body movement and it cost him but what a great clearance by Judd, rode his luck when splitting the two safe reds off a red and landing on the pink. The run of the balls is crucial in snooker, if you don't get it you can't win no matter how good you are, Williams got nothing from splitting the pack off a colour time and again yet also got the run in the penultimate frame when spiltting the pack off a red and landing on the blue, you can't predict anything in this game.

I think the ranking points being tied to prize money is quite unfair in regards to tournaments like this being worth so much.
                            I totally agree on the comment about prize money. I think that the World Championship should stand out from the other tournaments. And in the long run this could take prestige out of the UK championship that by my opinion should stand as tournament number two in terms of ranking tournaments.
                            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post

I totally agree on the comment about prize money. I think that the World Championship should stand out from the other tournaments. And in the long run this could take prestige out of the UK championship that by my opinion should stand as tournament number two in terms of ranking tournaments.
                              I think the world championship as a single tournament should be abolished and the world champion should be decided over a season on a ranking points system based on what a player achieves in each ranking tournament. Say 128 points for winning a tournament and only one point for going out first round.
                              Top two at the end of the season then play each other for the title, ten day match over the best of 91 frames, 9 frames a day for 9 days and ten on the final day if needed. Not too gruelling a schedule I think, five frames in the afternoon and four in the evening for ten days should keep everyone interested, those at work during the day/evening can record it and not miss a single ball if so desired.

Yes everyone will disagree with me but in my book one tournament shouldn't constitute a world championship, the tournament only stands because from 1927 'til 1977 that's all there was, it's different now and always will be.
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                              X