2024 English Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Just managed to catch the decider on Youtube.
    Any info as to why Pankaj Advani doesn't come back to snooker ? Does he make enough money from billiards ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      What did people make of this? Surely not a foul?

I didn’t think the whites had even come to a standstill…
      I don't understand why players don't contest these stupid decisions, I certainly would have and wouldn't have taken it lying down, if at all and if the ref forced that decision on me I would report him and have him reprimanded. Being sorry afterwards isn't good enough.
      That also goes for the constant calls of 'foul and a miss' every single time a snooker is missed even though a reasonable pot is left.

Another thing, when there is no tv replay available on an outside table then why can't the ref be given an official smartphone/tablet so he/she can take a quick photo of the situation so that balls can be replaced accurately.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Any info as to why Pankaj Advani doesn't come back to snooker ? Does he make enough money from billiards ?
        There's absolutely no money in Billiards, the last World Champ winner's prize was £5k. For the likes of the English Open etc it's just £700.

Advani is an idol in India, he still plays snooker in national tournaments but I would imagine he has other sources of income.
        Last edited by Beertrix Potter; Today, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X