2024 English Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Just managed to catch the decider on Youtube.
    Any info as to why Pankaj Advani doesn't come back to snooker ? Does he make enough money from billiards ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      What did people make of this? Surely not a foul?

I didn’t think the whites had even come to a standstill…
      I don't understand why players don't contest these stupid decisions, I certainly would have and wouldn't have taken it lying down, if at all and if the ref forced that decision on me I would report him and have him reprimanded. Being sorry afterwards isn't good enough.
      That also goes for the constant calls of 'foul and a miss' every single time a snooker is missed even though a reasonable pot is left.

Another thing, when there is no tv replay available on an outside table then why can't the ref be given an official smartphone/tablet so he/she can take a quick photo of the situation so that balls can be replaced accurately.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Any info as to why Pankaj Advani doesn't come back to snooker ? Does he make enough money from billiards ?
        There's absolutely no money in Billiards, the last World Champ winner's prize was £5k. For the likes of the English Open etc it's just £700.

Advani is an idol in India, he still plays snooker in national tournaments but I would imagine he has other sources of income.
        Last edited by Beertrix Potter; 21 September 2024, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Billiards has very little money as compared to Snooker.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...r%20the%20bash.

An article I just searched about his decision to quit Snooker at the Pro level.

Comment

Poor quality semi finals, 6-0 and 6-1, just hope that the final tomorow is better and hopefull Wu Yize will not crumble and give Robertson a good game.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Disappointing. Robertson's playing well, albeit with little pressure from Yize, but he's scoring heavily. The long red he hammered into the yellow pocket in frame 1 or 2, can't remember, was nice, went right into the middle of the pocket. Is Robbo back?

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

What a performance Wu has put in tonight, GRANITE!

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                  Poor quality semi finals, 6-0 and 6-1, just hope that the final tomorow is better and hopefull Wu Yize will not crumble and give Robertson a good game.
                  Got your wish now. 🙏
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Good on Yize putting Neil through it to the max, Robertson has truly earned that win. Kept his cool which was amazing considering Wu's brilliant play this evening. Well done to both for providing a great match for us 👏

Neils dad what a legend!! You can either get a job sorting nuts n bolts in a factory or enjoy playing snooker!!! 😂
                    Yize is going to be special in this sport of ours.
                    Last edited by Cue crafty; 22 September 2024, 09:43 PM.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Great match, such a pity it was decided on a fluke but that's snooker for you, anything can happen and invariably does.
                      Hope that Wu keeps his feet on the ground and climbs the rankings as imo he and He Giuoqang are favourites to be the first chinese world champion, very similar players and as yet no open wounds to temper their youthful agression.

Comment

Great match, such a pity it was decided on a fluke but that's snooker for you, anything can happen and invariably does.
                        Hope that Wu keeps his feet on the ground and climbs the rankings as imo he and He Giuoqang are favourites to be the first chinese world champion, very similar players and as yet no open wounds to temper their youthful agression.
                        Xhao Zintong is coming back now. If the three years away from the circuit hasn´t taken too much out of him, I still think he has what it takes. But I´m still hoping for Ding to do it at some point, but I fear that he´s going to be the next Jimmy White.

....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                          Xhao Zintong is coming back now. If the three years away from the circuit hasn´t taken too much out of him, I still think he has what it takes. But I´m still hoping for Ding to do it at some point, but I fear that he´s going to be the next Jimmy White.
                          I find it hard to have any enthusiasm for this return. At least Bing Tao isn't even mentioned.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I find it hard to have any enthusiasm for this return. At least Bing Tao isn't even mentioned.
                            Stephen Lee's ban is also coming to an end, if he pays his fine that is.

Comment

Stephen Lee's ban is also coming to an end, if he pays his fine that is.
                              I've seen some YouTube footage of him playing an Indian pro, Pankaj Advani about a year ago and getting beaten. He didn't look the player he once was tbh and has done zero about his weight, in fact looked bigger than before. Taking nothing away from Advani who played really well.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                              X