2024 British Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

Mark Selby played really well last night, I thought. After the re-rack in the first frame he seemed to make a conscious decision not to get bogged down. Went for his shots and really went on the attack. Marc Allen was a bit too cautious for me, and that was the difference. I know he's been successful in terms of consistency, but I still don't think he has got the balance quite right, as he doesn't seem to be able to find an extra gear when being super cautious isn't working.
    Yeh, totally agree Mark with all of that. I think maybe Allen is a little too keen to try and take Selby on at his own game also with a degree too much respect maybe!?

I think Selby played him with the rerack and went on the attack, which TBH is class superior experienced play imo.

let Allen be a fan of your style of play but no need to lock horns over it. Class from Selby IMO.
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

What a long red from Mark to go on and clear and go 7-4 up. This Selby I’m a becoming a big fan of. The red was struck to perfection, even Hendry is becoming a fan of his amazing cue power. I feel he’s confident and starting to rely as much on his great cueing as his safety.

any snooker fan will appreciate these shots and play.

Comment

Near flawless snooker from Mark, great to see him playing with some confidence again, hope he can keep it up.

That trophy looks a bit small.

-
        Last edited by PatBlock; 29 September 2024, 09:35 PM.
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
          Good win for Moody Stan, 22.5k so far this season, not bad.
          Moody came back from 1 - 3 down to Woollaston in the NI qualifiers with a 96, 64 and 58, https://www.wst.tv/match-centre/0916...f-038821aa21f2 again not bad at all, what was that rubbish about his style of play ? who cares.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Near flawless snooker from Mark, great to see him playing with some confidence again, hope he can keep it up.
            That trophy looks a bit small.
            -
            For some reason I prefer smaller trophies.. The huge ones just look cheap and nasty. All tin and plastic? Footy World Cup trophy more to my taste.

Comment

Moody came back from 1 - 3 down to Woollaston in the NI qualifiers with a 96, 64 and 58, https://www.wst.tv/match-centre/0916...f-038821aa21f2 again not bad at all, what was that rubbish about his style of play ? who cares.
              He seems to be finding his feet now. I honestly thought he would get swamped and fall off the tour, then maybe come back more ready for it but fair play to him.
              It's good to see some young English talent coming through, the Welsh and the irish have a few but the Scots lads are struggling a bit.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                or

He seems to be finding his feet now. I honestly thought he would get swamped and fall off the tour, then maybe come back more ready for it but fair play to him.
                It's good to see some young English talent coming through, the Welsh and the irish have a few but the Scots lads are struggling a bit.
                Yes even i'm finding it difficult to stay interested now there seems no management compunction at all from World Snooker about the lack of practice facilities outside of WS events.
                Even the likes of Vafaei, Un Nooh, Rory Thor, Pang Junxu, Wu Yize etc if they're living around Sheffield and Darlington practising on the best tables every day where's the real achievement in what they're doing ?

Bit surprised of the discrepancy between Moody and Liam Pullen, 80 places and 24 grand on the provisional season list, didn't see that coming from Q School last year, Pullen's next match IC qualifiers tomorrow night.

Comment

Yes even i'm finding it difficult to stay interested now there seems no management compunction at all from World Snooker about the lack of practice facilities outside of WS events.
                  Even the likes of Vafaei, Un Nooh, Rory Thor, Pang Junxu, Wu Yize etc if they're living around Sheffield and Darlington practising on the best tables every day where's the real achievement in what they're doing ?

Bit surprised of the discrepancy between Moody and Liam Pullen, 80 places and 24 grand on the provisional season list, didn't see that coming from Q School last year, Pullen's next match IC qualifiers tomorrow night.

I would love snooker to go down the golf route of having a club pro.
                  The lower ranked ones are guaranteed 20k a year now, make it thirty and for that money stick them in clubs and they can give lessons play a different member a few frames every day, have other pros down for matches and try and generate some buzz for snooker amongst the community . We have to try something to get kids and even decent amateurs buzzing about the game again.
                  I've said it hundreds of times before but my best time in snooker was practicing with an ex pro, i loved it, if you want to improve everyone would, imagine everyone having that service in your local club.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I would love snooker to go down the golf route of having a club pro.
                    The lower ranked ones are guaranteed 20k a year now, make it thirty and for that money stick them in clubs and they can give lessons play a different member a few frames every day, have other pros down for matches and try and generate some buzz for snooker amongst the community . We have to try something to get kids and even decent amateurs buzzing about the game again.
                    I've said it hundreds of times before but my best time in snooker was practicing with an ex pro, i loved it, if you want to improve everyone would, imagine everyone having that service in your local club.

Possibly the best way is to see snooker clubs and venues the same way as golf clubs, I haven’t played snooker since about march or april of this year, over 5 months ago, once maybe twice earlier this year I drove up to the St Albans club on the A1081 London Road, didn’t particularly enjoy playing there but I enjoyed driving up to there getting out of London for a while.

There’s a golf club right next door to there, the Verulam Golf Club, why not put a new snooker club with proper pro tables, Stars, Rassons, Riley Tournament Champions on new sites like there ? I don’t think that kind of class and quality maintenance would last in congested big cities, give fathers and son’s that bit of class outside urban conurbations in more rural classier areas where there’s more of a chance to breathe, plus like me its a pleasure driving and getting out of the big city so its a kind of double bang for your buck.

Comment

Oh No ! Un Nooh ! ha missed the black for a 147 YET AGAIN !! how many times has he done that already ? must be a fair few

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                        Oh No ! Un Nooh ! ha missed the black for a 147 YET AGAIN !! how many times has he done that already ? must be a fair few
                        Sums him up, slightly flawed genius, but boy am I pleased he's around playing this silly game. He's adds value to it πŸ˜„

Comment

Maguire's got his work cut out if he wants to beat Devon's new finest ? Haydon Pinhey, currently 1-3 to Pinhey at the interval.

Didn't mention, International Championship qualifiers.

Last edited by trains; 30 September 2024, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Should have took it to the middle pocket, easy to second guess though.
                            32:50 mark.

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                              Third time. According to World Snooker the only player to do so more than once.

....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                              X