Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump looks as if he is applying himself well atm as does O'Sullivan

Comment

• That was unreal from Ronnie, it must be so hard to play against him, in the words of JV, if he wants it, he can have it.
      After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
        That was unreal from Ronnie, it must be so hard to play against him, in the words of JV, if he wants it, he can have it.
        If he's in the mood and his long game is working. There is no one on the planet that can beat him.
        Mark Williams said on twitter that 'Ronnie is 30 or 40 points better than any other player'.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
          It's okay to admit you are a Trump hater. There are lots of them on this board.
          I don't dislike Trump necessarily, I dislike his inconsistency.

http://www.cuetracker.net/pages/play...ason=2013/2014

He was hyped up like the best thing to hit snooker in a while, just like people wanted to believe years ago that Theo Walcott was going to be a savior for the English National team.

O'Sullivan goes out and wins the big tournaments that he says he is going to win.

If Trump could maintain a high level of play then I wouldn't have anything negative to say about him, but if winning one tournament over the course of this year and last year is the best that Trump can do, then Trump should spend a little more time practicing and a little less time shopping for wild looking shoes.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ClayD129 View Post
            I don't dislike Trump necessarily, I dislike his inconsistency.
            I can understand that. But to me. That's what makes him good to watch. It can be absolutely effortless snooker at Ronnie's level or your watching a car crash where Trump just sits in his corner red eyed and nattering to himself.
            It's all good stuff unless you gamble on the outcome. Do you gamble on matches?

So. The next Ronnie match is.... Wait for it....

O'Sullivan vs Walden.

Poor Ricky.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
              I can understand that. But to me. That's what makes him good to watch. It can be absolutely effortless snooker at Ronnie's level or your watching a car crash where Trump just sits in his corner red eyed and nattering to himself.
              It's all good stuff unless you gamble on the outcome. Do you gamble on matches?

So. The next Ronnie match is.... Wait for it....

O'Sullivan vs Walden.

Poor Ricky.
              I have been known to gamble at times.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ClayD129 View Post
                I have been known to gamble at times.
                LOL.

I wouldn't bet on Trump.

Comment

• It's a surprise see Murphy being beaten by Wenbo, but not a huge surprise. Wenbo is a good player and capable of beat top players sometimes.
                  @tugatipster

Comment

• Originally Posted by tugatipster View Post
                    It's a surprise see Murphy being beaten by Wenbo, but not a huge surprise. Wenbo is a good player and capable of beat top players sometimes.
                    I think the first to 4 format definitely helps the less seasoned players get over the line. If it was the first to 10 then I'm sure Murphy would have beaten him.

Comment

• They had a good match in the 2009 Shanghai Masters, Liang beating Murphy 6-5 in the semi-finals. Nice to see him getting back to some sort of form this season. :smile:

Comment

• Shame to see Robertson and Murphy out as they can play
                        such amazing snooker when they are on their game and
                        are a joy to watch.

I hope Trump can continue to improve and build his confidence
                        up as he can also be great to watch with his break building and
                        offensive style.

Here's hoping for lots of exciting matches.

Comment

• What is thinking Ricky Walden befora Ronnie O'Sullivan match?. Maybe will I avoid whitewash this time?.
                          @tugatipster

Comment

What is thinking Ricky Walden befora Ronnie O'Sullivan match?. Maybe will I avoid whitewash this time?.
                            Yeah, it's going to be tough to overcome the psychological disadvantage he now has against O'Sullivan. But he has to remember that O'Sullivan is not going to play like that every time, and Walden will get his chances...

He has stood up to O'Sullivan in the past... He only lost to him 9-8 in the 2006 UK Championship. I don't think that match was televised, but I remember reading that Walden had a kick when he was in the balls to win the match. He also beat O'Sullivan 10-8 in the final of the 2008 Shanghai Masters, when O'Sullivan was also the reigning World Champion and had won the first ranking event of the season, so he was just as frightening a prospect as he is now, if not more. :wink:

Should be a great day of snooker really, an excellent match in each of the four sessions. The only unfortunate thing is that Hawkins-Liang won't make it on TV in the evening. :frown:

Comment

• Try and score at least 50 points today. And pray Ronnie doesn't make a new points record against him again.

588 would be possible

Todays schedule

10:30 ALLISTER CARTER v MARK SELBY
                              10:30 STUART BINGHAM v JOE PERRY
                              13:00 RICKY WALDEN v RONNIE O'SULLIVAN
                              13:00 STEPHEN MAGUIRE v JOEL WALKER
                              14:00 JUDD TRUMP v JOHN HIGGINS
                              14:00 SCOTT DONALDSON v DING JUNHUI
                              19:00 MARK WILLIAMS v MARCO FU
                              19:00 LIANG WENBO v BARRY HAWKINS

Again why do they set matches at 2pm when the previous ones only start at 1pm.

IF Edbon was in he'd be lucky to have done a frame in an hour, even Ronnie might not do 4 in an hour.

Comment

It's a surprise see Murphy being beaten by Wenbo, but not a huge surprise. Wenbo is a good player and capable of beat top players sometimes.

Can be a good player sometime's....a lot of the time he employs gamesmanship to slow down his opponents

Comment

Working...
                                X