Welsh Open 2014 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
    As long as ding attempts to build breaks and plays good safeties, I wouldn't say ding has given up as cueman puts it.

Back in the 2007 Masters, Ding didn't bother at all in the last few frames.
    He has as much as given up given some of the shots he has taken on IMO. He is not like a Selby or Robertson who have a determination even miles behind to make the opponent win the match. That is why I said in my post earlier today that Ding plays into Ronnie's hands because he plays an open attacking game and sometimes it borders on reckless.

He doesn't possess a 'b' game. His safety is fairly good against most top players but against the very top players I still think it lacks a little and he never plays attacking safety shots. Its always a negative shot more to contain rather than force an error. I put that down to his development as a young player learning his trade in China where he wouldn't have needed much of a safety game because his potting and breakbuilding is good. That goes for most the chinese and thai players though, not their fault they play the game like that.

Comment

• I was hoping to see two players playing at their best but it's turned out to be just one player playing good. I guess it's entertaining if you're a Ronnie fan, but I want drama and I don't think I'm going to get it. I'll probably return to this forum in the next tournament.

Comment

• As predicted Ding crumbling, im sure he will pick up a couple of frames tonight but O'Sullivan will win very comfortably

Comment

• Wow, looks like Ronnie's fear factor is just too big or something, both this and Masters final could have gone either way but Selby and Ding just never played, not like Ronnie was really playing well. Maybe playing less events is the key, Ding looks very tired
          2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
          2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• I don't think Ding has ever recovered from the treatment he got in that Masters final against Ronnie.

Comment

• I do think people are being rather unfair - Ronnie is not playing his absolute best, it's true, but he's knocked in some excellent long balls, played some superb safety and is very solid in the breakbuilding. It's the sort of performance I'd expect from John Higgins a few years ago - he may be giving his opponent chances but he's also making misses very costly indeed. The way p0eople are talking here makes it sound like the Ebdon-Dott final - one player simply staggering through the match without really doing anything well.

Comment

• any idea why the match was interrupted?

Comment

• Originally Posted by manshaft View Post
                  any idea why the match was interrupted?
                  sorry which match you are referring ti?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    sorry which match you are referring ti?
                    junhui vs o'sullivan?

Comment

• Welsh Open 2014 - Discussion

interrupted?
                      there are in the scheduled break between the afternoon session and the evening session.
                      First 8 frames in the afternoon then 9 frames from 7pm.

Comment

interrupted?
                        there are in the scheduled break between the afternoon session and the evening session.
                        Thank you. Im sorry im new to watching snooker pros

cheers

Comment

interrupted?
                          Live scores were interrupted at 6-1. I was up the club and thought the players had been pulled off early. Probably just a glitch on the World Snooker website.

Comment

interrupted?
                            I can't see it being a late night can you?

Comment

• Originally Posted by manshaft View Post
                              Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              interrupted?
                              Thank you. Im sorry im new to watching snooker pros

cheers
                              no worries
                              you'll get used to it

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                                Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                interrupted?
                                I can't see it being a late night can you?
                                well I hope for more than two frames more
                                silver lining though is we can get to the restaurant before last orders, it was a close one last night

Comment

Working...
                                X