No announcement yet.

Welsh Open 2014 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When he retires its gonna leave a gap no one can ever fill, that final red left handed, the cheeky smile after the pink and the last black left handed were pure entertainment, Ronnie will never be equalled! Never seen a crowd reaction like it either, what a legend!
    After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• My first 147 live......holy molly!!! lol This guy is a genius, plain and simple! Love it or hate it but unbelievable talent.
      This guy can't be from Earth, can he??
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
        Right. I'm going to rewind and watch it again
        I've done that nines times already.

I had to laugh at the way Dominic took over presenting duties at the end there, suddenly deciding to address the camera during his analysis of the 147 instead of the other guy.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
          Right. I'm going to rewind and watch it again
          Me too! Probably my all time favorite 147 that was!
          Box the chimp.

Comment

• So he's now beating Hendry on 147's. He's got 12 vs Hendry's 11.

Comment

• That 147 was essential when you think about it. Can you imagine how much the crowd's disappointment, had he missed any of the colours, would have overshadowed his win??
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Anyone know the time? It seemed around the 6-7 minute mark for a guess, he already had the fastest 5 odd on record anyway, i'd just be interested.

Comment

• Pure class. Just the quality of strike. Amazing.

Comment

• I've just watched it again. One of the best 147's I've ever seen.

Comment

• His tongue flicking after the pink

Comment

• As I said, you never know with snooker, and tonight's session was indeed a pleasant surprise. Three centuries including a 147, and another good frame. Just a shame they couldn't have done this in the afternoon as well, particularly Ding, because a 9pm finish is a bit early for me, as you know. :smile:

Well played to Ronnie O'Sullivan, I know I was a bit critical of him before, but he only really had one slightly weak session in the entire tournament. He only dropped one frame in most matches, then one and two more as the matches got longer, so he was pretty untouchable this week. Pretty flawless maximum as well. There is a legendary shot in every maximum I think, and this time it was the red along the cushion to the green pocket, great pot and left the perfect angle for black to yellow as well. His third title in five major events he's played in this season, proving pretty conclusively that he is the best player in the world at this point in time.

As for Ding, well, you can't play well every time. He was nervy right from the start, maybe because of who he was facing, maybe just a bad day, and he was never going to win it playing like that. He made a good effort to fight back tonight, and maybe he could have done it against a lesser player, who knows... As O'Sullivan said, he is still in with a chance of breaking Hendry's record, and I'm sure he will welcome the return to China in the next month. But I won't criticize him even if his form drops now, as long as he gets it back for the big one. :smile:

The World Open next... Mark Allen to win? :wink:

Comment

• Heres a link for anyone who wants to see it again

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=44J0ro3ES1I

Comment

• And just how big was that kick on the blue!!... not even the Gods can stop him

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                              Anyone know the time? It seemed around the 6-7 minute mark for a guess, he already had the fastest 5 odd on record anyway, i'd just be interested.
                              Just played it back and I made it 7 minutes 15

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                And just how big was that kick on the blue!!... not even the Gods can stop him

I was just gonna say that, he did'nt even break stride, supreme confidence!

Comment

Working...
                                X