Welsh Open 2014 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched the 147. Wow.

In general, for those who watched it and attended the tournmanet, how was it received? More so, the tournament has 128 starters and for a tournament that started of with best of sevens it took just shorter than the UK and WC to finish.

Also, great interview by ROS at the end.

Comment

• Just watched Ronnie 147 it gave me goosebumps
      :snooker: only 146 to go

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
        I was just gonna say that, he did'nt even break stride, supreme confidence!
        Yet more proof that having the cueball cleaned after a kick is pointless and only done to satisfy the player's mind.

Six hours on and I still can't believe what I witnessed.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          Six hours on and I still can't believe what I witnessed.
          I know. I've watched it at least 6 times now. That look on his face just before he plays that last left handed red where he looks at the audience and basically says to them 'I've got this'. Unbelievable.

Comment

• I wonder if Cheebai got to see the 147 before the bookmaker took a chisel to his kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
              i wonder if cheebai got to see the 147 before the bookmaker took a chisel to his kneecaps?
              lol .....

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                I know. I've watched it at least 6 times now. That look on his face just before he plays that last left handed red where he looks at the audience and basically says to them 'I've got this'. Unbelievable.
                I'd like to have heard DT and JV commentating on that one
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I still can't believe that shot. It was just insane.
                  Box the chimp.

Comment

Somebody should make a .gif out od that.. Better than my attempt anyway:

http://i.picasion.com/pic76/26261b11...d30269a456.gif

Comment

That's it. Not bad for a part timer
                      Makes you wonder what he'd achieve if he were a full-time player .... !

Comment

• A full resolution 1080 HD BBC video of the 147 is on WorldSnooker's YouTube page here:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEnNi...&feature=share

Comment

• Originally Posted by crocodile View Post

He probably would'nt be producing this standard, the fact he is pick and choosing when and where he plays so he actually WANTS to be there is a big factor.
                          After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• i think for Ronnie its not the fact that he is playing in less Tounaments, its his mental state. he's now mentally in a better place than he has ever been. he said it himself that life is more important to him than snooker, so as long as he can do his running and snooker doesn't interfere with that he will play in them tournaments.

i think he mentioned that there is a nice running area close to his hotel so he can do his running which he loves. so as long as a tournament doesn't interfere with that he will be happiest.

this will mean he will skip tournaments especially the far east ones, which obviuosly will be of benefit to him mentally and physically, less travel means fresher.
                            if he wants he could go on for anther 5 years +

Comment

• Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
                              I'm sure you know he had had a career behind him. His mental health is a lot better these days and that could be down to his part time playing.

Perhaps his peers like Higgins and Williams should do the same as they seem to be battle scarred these days.

Comment

• Originally Posted by BarryH View Post
                                A full resolution 1080 HD BBC video of the 147 is on WorldSnooker's YouTube page here:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEnNi...&feature=share
                                That's an excellent version. I don't think I've ever heard Willie Thorne get so excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X