No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the odds for Maguire smashing his cue tonight?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      And while I'm in a moaning mood, I'll just say, Oh, how I hate the commentator's telecaster machine! Either update the software so that the lines don't look as though they're being rendered on a ZX81, or get rid of it.
      Oh my...that sure brought back memories! That good old ZX81 Spectrum :snooker:

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      I'm rooting for Maguire until we get to the decider.

-
      I think I have not problem with that...at all

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post

It tells you how many points he's on, max break available, and how far he needs to reach for his opponent to need snookers
        In fact, a bit more confusingly, it displayed the highest score available, not the highest break. For a while in one of the matches yesterday, it said 149, which seemed very odd, especially when the player was on a 20-ish break with about 5 reds left!

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          That good old ZX81 Spectrum :snooker:
          It seems to have brought back clouded memories. The ZX81 and Spectrum were two different machines.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Here you go
            Ah, Eurosport. No wonder I had no idea what you were talking about.

I recently downgraded my Sky package and no longer have Eurosport... not that I'd be watching the snooker on there while the BBC are covering it, anyway.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

It seems to have brought back clouded memories. The ZX81 and Spectrum were two different machines.
              Hmm...that's strange, indeed so it seems Will have to ask my old man just which one it was....

Edit : no need...it was the ZX81. Anyways...it did bring back some good memories
              Last edited by daffie; 19 April 2015, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Ah, Eurosport. No wonder I had no idea what you were talking about.

I recently downgraded my Sky package and no longer have Eurosport... not that I'd be watching the snooker on there while the BBC are covering it.
                It was a BBC invention - Eurosport just use the BBC's pictures.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kligu View Post
                  What are the odds for Maguire smashing his cue tonight?
                  Getting quite high I think.

Comment

Correct the ZX81 had a black n white screen and the Spectrum coloured
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
                      It was a BBC invention - Eurosport just use the BBC's pictures.
                      Oh, well, I never saw it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                        Correct the ZX81 had a black n white screen and the Spectrum coloured
                        Yeah you're right...it was the b&w machine. Somehow the name ZX81 Spectrum was in my memory banks...

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          Hmm...that's strange, indeed so it seems Will have to ask my old man just which one it was....

Edit : no need...it was the ZX81. Anyways...it did bring back some good memories
                          The Zx81 and the spectrum are one and the same, was named the spectrum when launched properly by Sinclair.
                          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                            The Zx81 and the spectrum are one and the same, was named the spectrum when launched properly by Sinclair.
                            Yes, but the Spectrum is the color display version, the former version was b&w.

Comment

• So 'the lady' delays McGill and he misses the back of the barn on the pot attempt.
                              Oh the delight and mystique of the Crucible ig:

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                                The Zx81 and the spectrum are one and the same...
                                No they're not.

ZX81

Spectrum

Last edited by Billy; 19 April 2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X