2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

the BK sponsorship of Trump could be only for this event being that it is on BBC and the World?
    I agree it would be good for the sport if more of these household names did more players and events as well
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• The hand-puppet dog thing needs shooting. It's as annoying as it is unfunny.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Murphy and Trump as expected have a good lead
        and should finish the match tomorrow. Both played
        fairly well but they werent under pressure.
        Ding vs Higgins should be a great matchup while
        Selby has an easier match vs McGill.

Comment

• The puppet is as clumsy as it is stupid
          Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• http://www.beyondthebaize.com/snooke...ound-2-preview

A look ahead to upcoming round two matches.

Comment

• Looking forward to today's first session of Selby vs McGill! That could be a great match...played in a good spirit and with high quality snooker (and safety play! )

Also later on Ding vs Higgins is a very yummy prospect!

A good day of snooker ahead... :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                The hand-puppet dog thing needs shooting. It's as annoying as it is unfunny.
                I only saw that once this week so far. Hazel was explaining something or other to it, and it asked her for a kiss. Very weird.

Bring back the Pub Quiz. All is forgiven.

Comment

• I think they lose something from the atmosphere by having a match start on one table and finishing on the other,example the Trump and Perry matches last night.
                  The only time matches finish at the same time appears to be next weds evening, the Hawkins/Allen v Carter/Robertson and Dott/Bingham v Stevens/O'Sullivan quarter finals and they're breaking their rule anyway if they were trying to avoid that.
                  I know there's the point about matches finishing with a session to spare but in that case have a 3 or 4 table venue and 'shock' ditch the Crucible !!
                  17 days ? you what !!

Comment

• sounds like a very important issue and I hope others get very worked up about this.
                    Originally Posted by trains View Post
                    I think they lose something from the atmosphere by having a match start on one table and finishing on the other,example the Trump and Perry matches last night.
                    The only time matches finish at the same time appears to be next weds evening, the Hawkins/Allen v Carter/Robertson and Dott/Bingham v Stevens/O'Sullivan quarter finals and they're breaking their rule anyway if they were trying to avoid that.
                    I know there's the point about matches finishing with a session to spare but in that case have a 3 or 4 table venue and 'shock' ditch the Crucible !!
                    17 days ? you what !!

Comment

• I don't see why one table having a finish, and another table having a start, makes any difference to the atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                        I think they lose something from the atmosphere by having a match start on one table and finishing on the other,example the Trump and Perry matches last night.
                        17 days ? you what !!
                        It has been done like that since 1984, obviously the last two quarters have to finish at the same time, as do the last second-round matches on the Monday. I remember in 2002 the Monday evening was my first session as I travelled up that day and there was no play.
                        Also, traditionally, the first Sunday evening has two finishes, although there's no need for it.

Actually, I think they've got it about right. It guarantees 8 frames for the paying spectator, something that can't be guaranteed any other way.

Comment

• As I said, really looking forward to both the Selby - McGill and Ding - Higgins matches today.

Too bad regarding the first paring, as I would love to see Anthony progress further! I really like his style (on and off the table). However Selby remains my 'main man' but in the end...may the best man win (slightly favoring Mark though)

Edit : first blood to McGill.
                          Last edited by daffie; 23 April 2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• McGill does look superbly Scottish! come on Anthony!

Comment

• He seems to be on a roll...2-0 coming up!

Comment

• Good mini-session that. Carrington winning it 3 - 1 playing really well, and McGill looking relaxed at 2 - 2, more of the same please lads.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X