2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Question: Is Selby the most hated world champion since Dott in 2006?
    I don't really get it myself. I'm sure there'll be a deluge of reasons given, but like yourself, I don't mind him at all. His snooker's not pretty, but that can also be said for at least half a dozen other players.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I'm gutted Selby is out of the tournament , the curse of the first time winner strikes again.

i was at the match, very high quality, to be fair Selby didn't play bad at all. the first frame this evening he just miss judged the positional play off the pink, then McGill made a frame winning break and in the 19th frame again poor safety let him in again.

to be fair McGill didn't panic at all and played faultless snooker. anyone playing like that will be hard to beat. will he be able to produce that level again, we will have to wait and see. might be the year of the rookie

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
        Question: Is Selby the most hated world champion since Dott in 2006? Perhaps moreso because he beat Ronnie?

Personally, I don't mind if Selby comes again and wins another world title, though I'm not a fan. I just didn't want him to be the one to break the Crucible curse.
        Grit and determination are important and people apreciates them but in the end everybody wants to see positive, fluent, attacking snooker instead of fragmenting frames to break the rhythm of your opponent. Maybe that is why Selby and Dott are the most hated world champions. Because on the greatest stage you expect the future champion to outplay his opponents at snooker not at mind games and to scape his way to the crown.
        "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Just brilliant from Anthony - will take some stopping. Really enjoy watching him play

Comment

• Yes, terrific performance by McGill, he never looked in trouble! Well done

Comment

• Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
              Selby out and hopefully Dott joining him soon would make it an enjoyable second week for me so I'm very happy tonight.
              I was thinking the exact same thing
              Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                What a performance from McGill, quite something. I've never seen a debutant look more at home at the Crucible, and playing the world champ and world No.1 as though he was playing a mate down the club. Very well done indeed, I really hope he can keep it up. Just 3 more matches to the title, that's all.

-
                Indeed...he seems like he's been there for many years already. Amazing stuff really, the way he holds himself on this stage. But then again he does seem a very well-centered person, not easily shaken. Let's hope he can keep it together for like you say just 3 more matches.

Comment

• Looking forward to the conclusion of Ding - Higgins in an hour and for Matthew Stevens to kick the rockette's arse later on

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                    Looking forward to the conclusion of Ding - Higgins in an hour and for Matthew Stevens to kick the rockette's arse later on
                    On the fence as usual mate. You and me both ay

This should be a cracking conclusion, if I had to put my money down, I'd go with Ding, but I wouldn't put my house on it. It really is about time he won this thing though.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Some very loose tactical play from John here...

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                        On the fence as usual mate. You and me both ay

This should be a cracking conclusion, if I had to put my money down, I'd go with Ding, but I wouldn't put my house on it. It really is about time he won this thing though.

-
                        Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                        Some very loose tactical play from John here...

-
                        Indeed...very loose start this morning. Looks like Ding could even finish this before the midsession interval...

And like you say...it's been long overdue Ding winning this one.
                        Last edited by daffie; 25 April 2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• I don't know how Higgins pots a ball because he clearly looks at the white when he strikes the cue ball.

Comment

• Some great snooker before MSI on both tables .... Ding looks really strong today. And what is going on, he is also smiling, seen that I think only once before.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                              Some great snooker before MSI on both tables .... Ding looks really strong today. And what is going on, he is also smiling, seen that I think only once before.
                              Ah c'mon, that's a bit harsh, he's always giggling at his mistakes, I think it's just that his game face looks so serious. Did you see his reaction to fluffing a 147 the other day? He creased up laughing, it was very endearing. :smile:

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Higgins has had that 40 or 50-point advantage in several frames in this match, but Ding made a couple of great clearances at crucial points, like in the final frame of the 2nd session, and again here.

Higgins is just not killing frames off in one visit, and it's costing him badly in this match. It will be tough for him to come back now, considering he's lost 11 of the last 14 frames. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X