No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well played Bingham ... and respect for behaving like a perfect gentleman too. Good to see Ronnie getting his ass kicked ... am a huge Ronnie fan but I cant stand his antics and he is not as good as the hype anyway simply because he lacks respect ... felt sad for Ronnie though ... am glad he took it nicely in the end. but the tournament has been a huge disappointment apart from McGill's heroics and Trump's brilliance at times.

Comment

• christ Ronnie would u not try for a Snooker
      typical of the man
      38 in a Tournament
      98 in a Lineup

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leapfrog11 View Post
        christ Ronnie would u not try for a Snooker
        typical of the man
        He needed far too many

Comment

• Well played Stuart.

Comment

• I think its time he either gets his priorities right and dedicate himself or retire because end of the day his fan base is massive and he disrespects them by turning up and not putting in 100%

I'm glad I put money on Bingham to win!!

Comment

• Robertson is the only player who can stop Trump IMO. Murphy might push him close but I think to beat current Trump you'd need that extra gear that only ROS, Robertson, Selby, Ding (though not at this season) have.

Comment

• I think Ronnie needs to take a break next year and come back for the worlds again refreshed!

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                  I think Ronnie needs to take a break next year and come back for the worlds again refreshed!
                  He probably plays better the less tournaments he participates in. :P

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                    I think its time he either gets his priorities right and dedicate himself or retire because end of the day his fan base is massive and he disrespects them by turning up and not putting in 100%

I'm glad I put money on Bingham to win!!
                    A lot of people talk about his attitude - and whilst it's clearly not great - it's not as bad as some people say. He simply misses shots that he never used to. A lot has been said about ROS potentially reaching Hendry's title count but truth be told he's shown clear signs of regression in many areas since January 2014. Obviously he's still great but that extra level consistency isn't there any more, or rather is hasn't been. This type of performance is not uncommon - see his losses to Selby, Trump, Williams, Stevens this season. Defeating Bingham/Perry in huge matches only because they choked. Mark Williams says it best - the A game less common than it's ever been, but he's learnt how to win whilst not playing that well like he did at the UK.

I don't really believe that he never practises and he's entered quite a few tournaments this year anyway. What we're seeing now is ROS is no longer the clear number 1. At least that's my opinion. There was a thread here 12 months ago where I said I thought he'd struggle to win another WC and I stick by it. Remember how Higgins dropped off within a single year after winning 3 WC in 5 seasons?

Robertson looking great now
                    Last edited by Ronnie's tip; 29 April 2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                      A lot of people talk about his attitude - and whilst it's clearly not great - it's not as bad as some people say. He simply misses shots that he never used to. A lot has been said about ROS potentially reaching Hendry's title count but truth be told he's shown clear signs of regression in many areas since January 2014. Obviously he's still great but that extra level consistency isn't there any more, or rather is hasn't been. This type of performance is not uncommon - see his losses to Selby, Trump, Williams, Stevens this season. Defeating Bingham/Perry in huge matches only because they choked. Mark Williams says it best - the A game less common than it's ever been, but he's learnt how to win whilst not playing that well like he did at the UK.

I don't really believe that he never practises and he's entered quite a few tournaments this year anyway. What we're seeing now is ROS is no longer the clear number 1. At least that's my opinion. There was a thread here 12 months ago where I said I thought he'd struggle to win another WC and I stick by it. Remember how Higgins dropped off within a single year after winning 3 WC in 5 seasons?

Robertson looking great now
                      Yep, Ronnie's long game and lack of consistency are the major factors affecting him. Just like my game at the moment. :-P

Comment

• Cmon Barry...give us that final frame decider!

Neil on a roll and threatening to finish the match off in one go.

Comment

• It's possible that Ronnie missed a few and started to get down on himself, which has happened in the past. But I don't think he's been playing all that well in any of his matches. At a certain age, you just start to lose concentration and miss shots that you would have made previously. It happened to all the great players. He's just lasted longer than most due to immense natural talent and probably physical fitness has helped. But he's only human. Sooner or later he won't be able to play up to world-class standard, obviously he hasn't reached that point yet, but he might not have the game, intensity and durability to last two weeks at the Crucible any more.

Comment

• Cmon Barry...this is your chance to get back into the match!

Edit : fantastic break! 11-11...what a match!
                            Last edited by daffie; 29 April 2015, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Come on Barry ... just for the sheer effort u put in ... I want u to win ... Neil is a moaner anyway

Comment

• I can't get over the incredibly high-quality snooker we have been treated to during today's matches...by far the best session/day so far imo.

Thoroughly enjoying this last match atm...really hoping for that final frame decider, with re-spotted black...and with a minimum duration of 1 hour

Btw no-one else watching this (except for myself and brusque)??!!

Comment

Working...
                                X