2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
    another victory for the miss rule! one day its going to happen in the final frame
    I'd argue that that was one of the few situations where the miss rule was wholly justified and correct. Bingham insisting on playing the thinnest of clips when he could see almost half the ball, even when a simple cushion first shot to rest on the yellow would have left it perfectly safe anyway. Bingham deserved to lose every one of those 36 points he gave away.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      I'd argue that that was one of the few situations where the miss rule was wholly justified and correct. Bingham insisting on playing the thinnest of clips when he could see almost half the ball, even when a simple cushion first shot to rest on the yellow would have left it perfectly safe anyway. Bingham deserved to lose every one of those 36 points he gave away.
      I think you are talking about a different situation ? he was snookered

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        It would have been a travesty if he hadn't.
        I think it would have knocked the battle out of him.

Comment

• I do not wanna be hasty but I think Bingham blew his chance ... I only see one winner from this point on and its not Bingham .. amazing game ... just a few shots turn everything on its head

Comment

• and I just put 100 kr on Trump to win because that is what my brain says ... but still come on Bingham .. gather urself in the break and do not mess up in the final session like u did here with the dumbest of mistakes with Trump on ropes. Trump would feel he won the session n that would be right

Comment

• Originally Posted by brusque View Post
              i do not wanna be hasty
              lol lol lol....

Comment

• A great semi final so far. Going to be a very exciting night I think

Comment

• Indeed...good quality stuff! I think the scoreline is pretty much deserved for both players atm.

Next session of snooker to come up at 3:30 could be a very short one, or a very intense one!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    I think you are talking about a different situation ? he was snookered
                    He was only snookered after he'd missed the thin clip, left the free ball and Jud tucked him in behind the brown. Missing the yellow on four attempts, when he could see almost half the ball (before the snooker) was unforgivable.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• can't believe Trump is still in this. In a way it makes for a very nervy last session. I expect some real club standard snooker tonight, I think both players will feel the pressure and its going to be who bottles it least who will triumph. Murphy must already feel he has one hand on the trophy now.

Comment

• I made the mistake of thinking Bingham couldn't trouble O'Sullivan and then again with Trump anyone who thinks he won't be able to trouble Murphy is not thinking sensibly.

Wonderful session of snooker that was, thoroughly entertained. Absorbing right from the outset and the reason for it? Not big breaks, mistakes and pressure. Whatever the final I hope it's close and there are mistakes.

Unless of course it's Trump in the final, I'd want him to win comfortably. Mistakes and pressure make snooker exciting not racking up century after century.

Comment

• Trump just two frames behind playing his C game. His head had gone and that means Bingham may have missed the boat here, should be at least four up after what's gone on in this match. Hope he still wins it, but I fear Trump may hit form in the last session when the chips are down.

Comment

• Massive last 2 frames . Can see Trump getting into top gear tonight . But think Bingham deserves his place in the final
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              Massive last 2 frames . Can see Trump getting into top gear tonight . But think Bingham deserves his place in the final
                              Although I'd like to see a Trump vs Murphy final. I can't disagree with this statement. He's worked very hard for this.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                                Massive last 2 frames . Can see Trump getting into top gear tonight . But think Bingham deserves his place in the final
                                I don't agree with this type of comment for any sportsmen ever. Whoever gets to the final deserves to be there as they'd have played at least x number of matches and beaten y number players. If Bingham doesn't get there, that's what he deserves and if he does that is also what he deserves. Also these commentators and pundits who keep using the "if" need to stop because there are no ifs.

Comment

Working...
                                X