No announcement yet.

The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis is occasionally good as commentator - he's clever at pointing out risk reward in a shot which gives u insights as to how he was so successful- cold and calculating. He's less effective when he does his jokey self effacing routine.
    Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      Bit busy with his new 26yo girlfriend maybe? :wink:

-
      LOL, on the beach. Dashing back to see the kids.
      And he thought 8hrs a day of snooker was tiring.........

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
        is it being harsh to call Maguire a serial loser. Massive talent and just seems to fritter it away. Maybe physically needs to get more in shape perhaps.
        His temperament needs some work I would say. Remember a few years ago - he was hailed as the next big thing, doubt it now although he will always be a threat and has some tournaments in him... albeit the smaller ones.

Comment

• I just watched the Mags-Trump match on youtube. The luck Trump was getting in that match must have been soul destroying. Trump would miss and leave Mags Chinese'd or bugger all. Trump was even making a mess of his safety and getting it safe. It was a good match to watch. It always is when those two play. They both play aggressive attacking snooker. The first four frame were unusual. That is how good these guys are now-a-days. I'm looking forward to the rest of the tournament. I think Mark Allen will take it this year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
            Didn't do too well in the German quallys. Hmmmm
            hmm... one game? It's not really enough to say someone is on bad form. And in case you forgot he won his group in the Champions League last week.

Comment

• Originally Posted by F_Ivanovic View Post
              hmm... one game? It's not really enough to say someone is on bad form. And in case you forgot he won his group in the Champions League last week.
              True, let's hope he brings that form to the Masters, which is a knockout and is a one big game deal at a time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
                I just watched the Mags-Trump match on youtube. The luck Trump was getting in that match must have been soul destroying. Trump would miss and leave Mags Chinese'd or bugger all. Trump was even making a mess of his safety and getting it safe. It was a good match to watch. It always is when those two play. They both play aggressive attacking snooker. The first four frame were unusual. That is how good these guys are now-a-days. I'm looking forward to the rest of the tournament. I think Mark Allen will take it this year.
                Really? Mark Allen?

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                  Really? Mark Allen?
                  I don't think it's that far-fetched, although personally I think Mark probably won't win The Masters. I'm thinking more of Robertson, Bingham, or maybe even ROS. Hoping Higgins can pick up the trophy this year, that would be great!

Comment

• I can't see Bingham winning it, between Robertson Higgins or O'Sullivan for me, but I didn't think he would win the worlds so you never know. Why is the Williams O'Sullivan match on in the afternoon though? I would've thought that one was a definite evening session, seems a bit daft.

Comment

• Snooker is like premiership football, it's not easy to pick a winner. Any of the top 16 players could hit form and win tournaments. It definitely takes a certain mindset to lift the Masters trophy but they all poses it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                        I can't see Bingham winning it, between Robertson Higgins or O'Sullivan for me, but I didn't think he would win the worlds so you never know. Why is the Williams O'Sullivan match on in the afternoon though? I would've thought that one was a definite evening session, seems a bit daft.
                        it does seem a tad silly but thats the way the draw format works, cant change it just for O'Sullivan.

Comment

• ROS should have been switched to the opening weekend, he's the biggest draw in snooker. Likewise, Ding should have been on in the afternoon so China could have watched him. It's about growing the game and maxing the tv audience helps this.

Comment

• Legends time!

C'MON RONNIE!
                            Last edited by barrywhite; 12 January 2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Cmon MJW!!!

Comment

• Btw getting the distinct impression MJW is up for this one

Comment

Working...
                                X