No announcement yet.

The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much of a match really. Virtually no pressure at all from Ricky, although I thought he was looking good for his 51 in the 1st frame. But, Mark played really well, responded to that 51 with a cracking 71 and never looked like loosing from there on in. His match with Ronnie should be a cracker! Can't wait. :smile:

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• I missed the first frame, but I would prefer it if the commentators shut their gobs once in a while, I don't need to know he hit that one well, I saw him do it. But then, I am a miserable East coaster.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Not much of a match really. Virtually no pressure at all from Ricky, although I thought he was looking good for his 51 in the 1st frame. But, Mark played really well, responded to that 51 with a cracking 71 and never looked like loosing from there on in. His match with Ronnie should be a cracker! Can't wait. :smile:

-
        Ronnie will have to finish frames in one visit and use safety to keep Selby quiet. I can't see Ronnie winning it unless he raises his game a couple of gears. But if he produces his best possible stuff he can win it. It's all in the mind!

Comment

• Great performance from Selby, especially in the first four frames. That clearance of the colours in the opening frame was just ridiculous. :smile:

Should be a good match with O'Sullivan in the quarter-finals. Selby will be favourite, but I wouldn't be surprised if O'Sullivan was up for it. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
            Ronnie will have to finish frames in one visit and use safety to keep Selby quiet. I can't see Ronnie winning it unless he raises his game a couple of gears. But if he produces his best possible stuff he can win it. It's all in the mind!
            Yeah, agree with that. Should be a belter either way.

Just had another look at the MJW plant and the more I see it, the less I like it, don't know what he was thinking, head-gone IMO. Still, water under the bridge and all that, roll on Thursday 1pm.

Mind you, tomorrow isn't looking too shabby, Liang v Higgins then Robbo v Fu, lovely jubbly!

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
              Yep, 7 world titles doesn't mean you'll be a good commentator. Davis is ok and has 6 titles. But Ebdon on his first assignment was better than both put together. Analysing and commenting are different skills, not the same as playing. Everton is my favourite and what did he do compared to the rest on the table? Hendry is really dreich, bordering on crabbit. West coasters will know what I mean, east coasters, S.Queensferry, Aberdeen, Dundee, they're hardly full of the joys of Spring, ken? Gimme me a Weegie or Westie any day, at least there'll be some banter.
              Hah I lived in Inverkeithing for 3 years, I know what you mean, probably the most joyous of people.....

RoS will have to raise his game against Selby, but we've all seen Selby do a performance like this, then go flat the following match. More often than not RoS gets better or maintains his mediocre (for himself) form throughout like in the World's when Selby beat him.

Comment

• SD's affected commentary delivery is bad enough, but does he ever stop talking?? Poor DT can't get a bloody word in!

This is................................................ ................... what it................................................ ............ sounds like, listening................................... to................................................ .............. Steve Davis commentating.
                Last edited by Billy; 13 January 2016, 02:22 AM.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  Yeah, agree with that. Should be a belter either way.

Just had another look at the MJW plant and the more I see it, the less I like it, don't know what he was thinking, head-gone IMO. Still, water under the bridge and all that, roll on Thursday 1pm.

Mind you, tomorrow isn't looking too shabby, Liang v Higgins then Robbo v Fu, lovely jubbly!

-
                  That plant was plain ridiculous. How he got himself prepped-up to go for it we'll never know. Gave the match away in the end...a real shame imo.

And yes...very much looking forward to today's matchups :snooker: Took 3 days off from work so I'll be glued to the tele from today forward...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    Great performance from Selby, especially in the first four frames. That clearance of the colours in the opening frame was just ridiculous. :smile:

Should be a good match with O'Sullivan in the quarter-finals. Selby will be favourite, but I wouldn't be surprised if O'Sullivan was up for it. :smile:
                    ROS is always favourite as he is still lightyears ahead in the breakbuilding department...although it was refreshing to watch Mark take his shots on for a change.

Comment

• Anyone give Wenbo Chance against Higgins think he can cause upset
                      :snooker: only 146 to go

Comment

• Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
                        ROS is always favourite as he is still lightyears ahead in the breakbuilding department...although it was refreshing to watch Mark take his shots on for a change.
                        Well, O'Sullivan made breaks of 104, 60, 117, 50 and 62 yesterday, while Selby made 71, 113, 66, 81 and 83, so I wouldn't say O'Sullivan is "lightyears" ahead. He will be favourite with the bookies, as always, but I think that's mostly down to popularity. I would still give Selby a slight edge. He is very reliable in the best-of-11 format, having reached the semi-finals of both the International and the UK Championship this season, and he has played a lot more snooker of the two in recent months. He also has a relatively good record against O'Sullivan, having beaten him four times in their last five matches on the big stage. :wink:

But, as I said, I wouldn't be surprised if O'Sullivan was up for this one. :smile:

Comment

• John Higgins is one of the players of the season so far through winning the Australian and IC yet Ronnie said yesterday he's only missed 2 events this season.
                          Not sure how WS.com says Selby's performance yesterday was his best of the season when his opponent was so poor,hmm.
                          The BBC,Ronnie's interviews and WS,a marriage made in umm

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                            Well, O'Sullivan made breaks of 104, 60, 117, 50 and 62 yesterday, while Selby made 71, 113, 66, 81 and 83, so I wouldn't say O'Sullivan is "lightyears" ahead. He will be favourite with the bookies, as always, but I think that's mostly down to popularity. I would still give Selby a slight edge. He is very reliable in the best-of-11 format, having reached the semi-finals of both the International and the UK Championship this season, and he has played a lot more snooker of the two in recent months. He also has a relatively good record against O'Sullivan, having beaten him four times in their last five matches on the big stage. :wink:

But, as I said, I wouldn't be surprised if O'Sullivan was up for this one. :smile:
                            Yesterday was like I was not even watching Selby he was a joy to watch for once. Problem is I can't recall him scoring like that for some time. He did give Ricky alot of chances after the interval but we all know Walden crumbles like he should be served with apple and custard...Ronnie doesn't

Comment

• Originally Posted by HIPPY147 View Post
                              Anyone give Wenbo Chance against Higgins think he can cause upset
                              Don't think he's ever beaten JH so maybe it's his day today, if he can hold it together and not get too carried away with himself and if John isn't at his clinical best, he's certainly in with a chance. It should be an entertaining match either way.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by HIPPY147 View Post
                                Anyone give Wenbo Chance against Higgins think he can cause upset
                                If he keeps the game tight then, he has a chance and I think he's learnt from the first frame this afternoon. You would have to go with Higgins though and I can see him and I can see him getting Wembo tied up in knots.
                                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X