• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Ronnie? Play it down? Nooo, I won't have it said
    Haha, we will see what happens - enjoy the game mate

Comment

• Thanks, mikey, you too
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
        I'm with you on this, I admire Selby for his graft.
        He is a complete player in my opinion and not boring.
        +2 !!! Selby is one of the most colorful characters we have nowadays, very respectful towards the game and players as well, and a top-noth tactical and allround snooker player. Not much more I need really :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          +2 !!! Selby is one of the most colorful characters we have nowadays, very respectful towards the game and players as well, and a top-noth tactical and allround snooker player. Not much more I need really :snooker:
          Likewise, he has a great balance of being serious and also sees the funny side of things too.
          They didn't nickname him The Jester for nothing.

All subject to personal opinions of course

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
            Lol these guys are professional players and have devoted their whole life to the game. I can assure you they know the difference between a kick and a poor shot. If you're really unsure just pay attention to the balls when ever a commentator says kick, 90 percent of the time you'll notice a bad contact on either the white or the object ball. Whenever a player misses or plays a really bad shot and its not a kick, the commentators will usually say that it was just a bad shot. Though I do agree that if you hit the ball really well its still possible to make the shot even with a kick.
            Every shot is a kick to some degree. A moving object hits a stationary ball and the the second ball absorbs the force and then begins to vibrate and eventually move because it's carrying too much energy that wishes to go somewhere in one direction. I wish they wouldn't say kick, it's a bad contact they're really referring to, chalk on the ball at the contact point. Sometimes static on the ball. I can clean both balls and smash a stun so hard, the white will jump up, that's a big kick, it's not a bad contact. Thorburn began noticing that the white naturally jumps up on many shots.

* Ronnie called him a grinder and the Man Made of Metal. I know Selby has talent but he doesn't half make a meal out of it. I guess those fans who like fluent simply won't like his game however good it is. I am in that camp. He's very good and boring. Just like Davis was, adored by grannies. Most of the snooker players loved Jimmy At least Selby has a bit of personality I guess.
            Last edited by barrywhite; 14 January 2016, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
              A solid snooker player and ambassador for the game he is, a colourful character he ain't.
              John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                A solid snooker player and ambassador for the game he is, a colourful character he ain't.
                Made of Metal!

Comment

• Ready for this match, I wish for a deciding frame

Comment

• Well...

Game On!!!

:snooker:

Comment

• dennis taylor confusing mark Williams with liang wenbo twice!
                      Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                      Well...

Game On!!!

Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                        Made of Metal!
                        Certainly not HEAVY!
                        John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• C'mon Ronnie!

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                            dennis taylor confusing mark Williams with liang wenbo twice!
                            Yeah But let's give the man a break...he was in the '85 Final

Comment

• as with every time ron plays mark I am expecting disaster at every shot.
                              Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                              C'mon Ronnie!
                              Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                                as with every time ron plays mark I am expecting disaster at every shot.
                                Certainly hope so!

Cmon Mark!

Comment

Working...
                                X