No announcement yet.

The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In some ways I prefer these type of 'poor' frames to the Trump/Robertson type of match. Centuries are great but there's nothing better than unpredictability on every ball!

Comment

• Hear Hear!

Comment

• No. Stu already looking like a beaten man to me. He lost it in the 3rd frame, you CANNOT afford to spurn chances given by Ronnie, he will just grow in confidence.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Yup that missed black of the spot has left him now 1-3 behind

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            No. Stu already looking like a beaten man to me. He lost it in the 3rd frame, you CANNOT afford to spurn chances given by Ronnie, he will just grow in confidence.

-

Agreed. He should be ahead, or at least level, at the mid-session interval. Can't see him taking five frames before O'Sullivan takes three in an evening session. Unless he really doesn't miss.

Comment

• Ok then, cmon Stu get the next 2 frames....
              Last edited by daffie; 16 January 2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                I do think Bingham has ROS' number tbh. If you look at their big matches in the last 5 years, ROS battered him once at the WC, but Bingham beat him last year in the WC, twice in the UK, and was also arguably the better player for much of their CoC final + a recent semi final they had too, where ROS won deciders I believe (that Bingham threw away).

Not saying he's going to win here or anything, but I definitely don't think ROS enjoys playing against him.
                Bingo isn't battle weary and burnt out the way the class of 92' are, Ronnie, Higgins and MJW after so much intense pro snooker. They're fried the way brokers are fried at a similar age. Bingo is still fresh. He ain't fitter, he ain't more talented but he's doing rather well! This is down to hard work and coaching I take a lot of encouragement from what he's done because it proves that anyone at any age can max the potential they have at a particular age. Stuart has a nice set-up and I tried it today for a while, it's more gentle on the body, doesn't kill the knees, hips and back the way a foot-in-line supine set-up ala Hendry does. Anyway, the way this is looking, the hawk will be favourite for me from the younger half of the draw cuz these two are nowhere near his standard.

But I just love Ronnie because he's the LBM!

Legend
                Beast
                MONSTER!

Comment

• Bingham unravelling a bit now....even though ROS is making mistakes.

Comment

• Stuart completely MIA this evening. No way back now it seems I'm afraid. What a shame. Could really do without those ridiculous loud and obnixious audience members in the Final Can we get rid of the ronnie 'fans' please....

Comment

• The director for this match has not the vaguest idea of the game. The number of times he switches to one of the floor cams - clearly under the impression the player is going for a pot when it's blindingly obvious to everyone else they're playing the safety - is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                      Could really do without those ridiculous loud and obnixious audience members in the Final Can we get rid of the ronnie 'fans' please....
                      There's snooker fans and there's O'Sullivan fans... and the latter really are arseholes.
                      Last edited by Billy; 16 January 2016, 08:47 PM.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                        Bingham unravelling a bit now....even though ROS is making mistakes.
                        Ronnie 13/20 (yes, 13/20!), Hawk 3/1, Bingo 14/1. But Hawk will lengthen if Ronnie gets through, maybe to 5s? I think he'd be great value at that price, he's playing better than these two and not bottling the way he used to fluff towards the end of a match. He looked rock solid today.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          Stuart completely MIA this evening. No way back now it seems I'm afraid. What a shame. Could really do without those ridiculous loud and obnixious audience members in the Final Can we get rid of the ronnie 'fans' please....

I liked when Virgo said "a bit thick". I know he was refering to the poor safety, but I imagined it was a reference to the two muppets in the crowd that had just shouted out.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                            Stuart completely MIA this evening. No way back now it seems I'm afraid. What a shame. Could really do without those ridiculous loud and obnixious audience members in the Final Can we get rid of the ronnie 'fans' please....
                            Toys out the pram. Yeah, let's play in a graveyard and kill snooker off completely. Jesus, WS are trying to get people to come along and get involved.

Comment

• All of us snooker fans are already involved in the game...and then some. Those shouting idiots have no place in a snooker arena. Get them out on the football pitch tearing eachother to parts...

Onwards with the game then...

Comment

• black in the middle, shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X