No announcement yet.

The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical BBC. Ending snooker t show repeats.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      I did say "possibly"

-
      For me definitely one of the more anti-climax finals of the last years as far as I can remember.

Welsh Open is next and also like you said the German Masters...enough to look forward to between now and the World C.

Comment

• There is only one person to complain about if you didn't like the final and that aint Osullivan.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Would be great if Ordl could put the whole week in perspective, he has a lovely unbiased view of snooker comps.

Comment

• Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
            what an embarrassment he was....eugh
            Christ almighty how dare for someone to enjoy themselves and shout at a snooker game, I thought that geezer was superb tbh, it showed not all snooker fans are boring idiots

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              Christ almighty how dare for someone to enjoy themselves and shout at a snooker game, I thought that geezer was superb tbh, it showed not all snooker fans are boring idiots
              They were gettin rowdy during Ronnie's shots, I didn't like that but they gave the Hawk quiet when Marteel put his hand up. Wembley used to be a riot. Folk forget that. Don't forget, these guys wanted a silent Hawk-Bingo encounter with golf claps done quietly and they're miffed they didn't get their wish. Even worse, 'Gowannnnnnn' has made their faces grimace as well, a grimace that might be stuck forever. LOL!

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                I did say "possibly"

-
                For me definitely one of the more anti-climax finals of the last years as far as I can remember.

Welsh Open is next and also like you said the German Masters...enough to look forward to between now and the World C.
                just to confirm German Masters first then Welsh with Shoot Out between
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                  Yep, seems like people are very pessimistic and quick to shut someone down on this forum. It was just a drunk dude having some fun, came off bit obnoxious to some people but no harm done, Im glad the audience is interactive.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                    Yep, seems like people are very pessimistic and quick to shut someone down on this forum. It was just a drunk dude having some fun, came off bit obnoxious to some people but no harm done, Im glad the audience is interactive.
                    As long as the audience are silent once a player gets down so they let him speak through his cue and have his say (and shut some of them up, fair's fair), I'm ok with noise and clapping. It's meant to be entertaining and the crowd play their part in a gladiatorial battle. This is the Masters, the top 16 are invited, no-one refuses the invite and they know it will be noisy, it's the Masters! If pipe and slippers don't like it, why watch it? It's the Masters! It's not like any other tournament, never has been. It's a cauldron, it's the Masters!
                    Last edited by barrywhite; 17 January 2016, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                      As long as the audience are silent once a player gets down so they let him speak through his cue and have his say (and shut some of them up, fair's fair), I'm ok with noise and clapping. It's meant to be entertaining and the crowd play their part in a gladiatorial battle. This is the Masters, the top 16 are invited, no-one refuses the invite and they know it will be noisy, it's the Masters! If pipe and slippers don't like it, why watch it? It's the Masters! It's not like any other tournament, never has been. It's a cauldron, it's the Masters!
                      Yes they have.
                      Ronnie did in 2013

Comment

• How did they do?

Ronnie 7/10 for me, won it but didn't manage to get into true form for many reasons.
                        Hawk 8/10, disappointing final but way past his best of first round loser before.
                        Ballrun 7/10, got to the semis and corrected a wayward season.
                        Judd, 7/10, played the best stuff of anyone, a shame he couldn't make the dream final we wanted.
                        Robbo 6/10, didn't do much wrong, just met Judd on an unbelievable day
                        Smurf, 5/10 a howler, stop wearing brown shoes please
                        Higgins, 6/10, steady
                        Allen, 6/10, relit the touch paper
                        Gentleman Joe, 4/10, why?
                        Ding, please sort yourself out, you're too bloody good to play that badly, 4/10
                        Liang, nice try 5/10
                        Walden, 4/10 Why?
                        Fu 5/10, oops manflu
                        MJW 6/10, that plant!
                        Mags, 5/10 when will we see his best again when it matters?

Comment

• There has always been a lot of noise at events in and around London , Jimmy White got it, even the Romford crew were very noisey for Davis and that's going back to the eighties, so it's nothing new down that end of the country.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            There has always been a lot of noise at events in and around London , Jimmy White got it, even the Romford crew were very noisey for Davis and that's going back to the eighties, so it's nothing new down that end of the country.
                            Yep, it's the Masters, full of geezers.

Comment

• The Masters is an invitational non-ranking event, so I presume the money earned does not count towards the ranking prize money list?

Comment

• Personal opinion incoming that might upset Ronnie fans:

Ronnie is undoubtedly the greatest natural talent the game has ever seen, but for me he makes tournaments less interesting and as a television viewer I would rather he just stayed at home (arena viewer it's a different matter entirely). When Ronnie is playing usually one of 2 things will happen. 1) He will play unbelievable well and blow his opponent away or 2) he will play average but his opponent will be so overawed by the occasion that they will be incredibly wobbly and get decimated anyway just like this final). Of course there are exceptions but this makes most Ronnie matches very boring and predictable if you ask me, you can usually tell how the match is going to go after the first few frames.

Comment

Working...
                                X