No announcement yet.

The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for such a basic query, but please could someone explain that free ball that Ding got?

Comment

• Are you granted a free ball if you can't see both sides of the red? It's just I'm sure Ding was granted a free ball when he could one side of a red.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
        Are you granted a free ball if you can't see both sides of the red? It's just I'm sure Ding was granted a free ball when he could one side of a red.
        Yes, you must be able to hit both sides of the ball on.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
          Ha yes, well it looks very similar to his old Stamford.

Are Stamford cues pretty much up there with the top of the range cues - open to anyone who knows about them.
          A very good, BRITISH cue. Very expensive though, more than Parris I believe. They have a long waiting list because they need to actually make the cue. lol
          Last edited by barrywhite; 10 January 2016, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
            Yes, you must be able to hit both sides of the ball on.
            Thanks for confirming that.

Comment

• The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Stamford series 1 about the same as JPU but slightly less money but not by much

and don't have as much resale value as JPU :biggrin:
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

They do in my wallet. I'll never buy a JPU again. I'm not questioning the origins of JP cues, I trust that they are made in the workshop. I just think (from experience) that they are overpriced and low quality. But that's me, lots of other people love their JPUs. Folk love buying them because they're soughtafter but then sell them because 'they can't quite get on with them'. As Taylor would say; amazing!

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                  Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

They do in my wallet. I'll never buy a JPU again. I'm not questioning the origins of JP cues, I trust that they are made in the workshop. I just think (from experience) that they are overpriced and low quality. But that's me, lots of other people love their JPUs. Folk love buying them because they're soughtafter but then sell them because 'they can't quite get on with them'. As Taylor would say; amazing!
                  don't know about your financies (don't care)
                  only saying that Stanford series are generally less book price than JPU to order
                  and nearly same waiting time (last time I asked)

anyway back to thread
                  both playing under pressure - unforced errors
                  enjoying watching both matches today
                  Last edited by DeanH; 10 January 2016, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for cue info lads.

Decider on the cards for Bing v Ding??????????

Comment

nervy stuff

Comment

well done Bingham to go through for the first time at the Masters

Comment

• Stuiped table fitters, spoilt the game's for me. Lady lucky was on Bingham side.
                          Last edited by Essa; 10 January 2016, 11:44 PM.
                          3/4 Craftsman's Cue Majestic Tulip 58.75, butt jointed at 16", 19 oz , 9.6mm

Comment

• Ding gone to pot

Comment

• Well done Bingham, Ding was Dangling and got Donged !!!

Comment

• Did any one hear I think it was Peter breathing through his nose through the mic, was kind of annoying but his analysis of shoots and knowledge he provided throughout match was excellent.
                                3/4 Craftsman's Cue Majestic Tulip 58.75, butt jointed at 16", 19 oz , 9.6mm

Comment

Working...
                                X