The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    now they are saying Fu is suffering from a cold/flu/cough.etc.
    Thought he was looking unusually edgy out there tonight, what a shame.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• He started pretty decent, looked focused enough to me. But after missing the brown in the first frame he hasn't been the same...weird.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
        He started pretty decent, looked focused enough to me. But after missing the brown in the first frame he hasn't been the same...weird.
        Yeah, kind of similar to last night, but if he's got a cold or flu, this game is difficult enough as it is without that sort of thing to contend with as well. Oh, and Robbo's not looking to shabby either is he. Never rains.... ay Marco.

-
        The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Definitely. He doesn't look too bad to me though, but he must be under the weather nevertheless. Bad starting point indeed...hoping for a quick and complete turn-around. Cmon Marco get the next 4 please

Comment

• I very much like the song they use in the top 16 montage between sessions. It's Bro by Wolf Alice, on the off-chance anyone's wondering.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• The Masters 2016 10-17 January

come on Marco !
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Disappointing evening, but tomorrow is another day

Comment

• Pfftt...what a downer. Let's hope we will be getting 2 final frame deciders tomorrow!

Comment

• The Masters 2016 10-17 January

a practice session for Robbo
                    shame Marco was not able to focus and get some rhythm going
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      a practice session for Robbo
                      shame Marco was not able to focus and get some rhythm going
                      Selby got a walkover as well. Know what I mean?!

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                        Selby got a walkover as well. Know what I mean?!
                        Don't think Ricky was unwell though, just outclassed.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

• 8 matches, only one real upset so far. But it will get serious from tomorrow, anything could happen! The first match is the most interesting, a complete contrast in styles; the Genius v. the Man Made of Metal.

Mark Selby (Eng) v Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng) - 13:00 GMT

Watch on BBC Two, 13:00-18:00

Mark Allen (NI) v Barry Hawkins (Eng) - 19:00 GMT

Who's gonna win these quarters guys? Oddschecker have ROS as favourite. I find this odd because Ronnie hasn't hit the kind of form to down Selby and Ronnie also has a back injury preventing him from getting down properly, so it's rosy for Ronnie and I think Selby must the value favourite.

Allen on form is the one for me in the second quarter. The Hawk is always a threat but I think Allen is full of smiles and confidence.

*Ordl, three of your potential semi-finalists are already out!
                          Last edited by barrywhite; 13 January 2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                            ...a complete contrast in styles; the Genius v. the Man Made of Metal....
                            Just curious, but what is it exactly you find so 'robotic' about Selby? I've never really understood the comparison. I mean, his shot selection is often quite unusual, partly I suppose due to his pool background, he's a good laugh round the table, happy to have a bit of banter with his opponent, his technique is hardly Davis-like robotic, with his head swaying around all over the place, so where does the robot thing come from? Granite I can understand, limpet-like yes, but robotic? I just don't get it.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Is it just me or does it seem like this whole "kick" thing is getting out of control, Ive never seen more costly kicks in my life then theres been in the first week of this tournament. Seems like theres at least 3 or 4 every single match....many very costly.

Comment

• Kicks have always been there, it's just that every miss these days is blamed on them, and the commentators never shut up about them.
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X