No announcement yet.

The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Selby is not a fan of me (I'm a Forest fan!), but I'm very much a fan of his snooker. I think he's the overall most complete player consistently. Safety, breakbuilding, and mental toughness. Not saying the best at them all, but the best combined package.

He can often find a way to win in many different ways. I like to watch that, personally. I find that sort of game more interesting than just a plain old shoot out.

...so, come on Mark!

Comment

• In his interview after his first match Ronnie basically said Selby was like ebdon, making it tough and grinding it out to stifle his game

Comment

• Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
        Mark Selby is not a fan of me (I'm a Forest fan!), but I'm very much a fan of his snooker. I think he's the overall most complete player consistently. Safety, breakbuilding, and mental toughness. Not saying the best at them all, but the best combined package.

He can often find a way to win in many different ways. I like to watch that, personally. I find that sort of game more interesting than just a plain old shoot out.

...so, come on Mark!
        Hear Hear! Nice to see another Selby fan in here. You know there are a lot of us...

Comment

• It is only Ronnie so far in this match. In the second frame he threw Selby a bone which Mark took, but that was all. Until now at least.
          "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• He's playing well that's for sure. MSI came at the right time for Mark. Let's hope things turn around in the 2nd session...

Comment

• Good start for Ronnie, even his long potting seems up to scratch today. Unusually, Marks safety game's letting him down, and hitting the blue off both breaks is not a good sign. C'mon Mark, tighten up man!

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Go Rocket pressure on Mark
                :snooker: only 146 to go

Comment

• Poor chap he really is losing it, I noticed 2 big bloopers from him in last couple of days.

Comment

• Have to say I loved hearing Steve Davis's his comments and thoughts just now on the Beeb...job well done mate!

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                      Poor chap he really is losing it, I noticed 2 big bloopers from him in last couple of days.
                      He has nothing to do with snooker apart from a bit of Legends and otherwise, he's playing crap golf. Can you see him at the quallies, meeting the players, doing research, or even reading research he's given? He said this week that he didn't understand what the 'clocks' on the table were for. They're not clocks, they're monitors checking slate and cloth temps. He's useless, always was a bit thick. His so called jokes at Legends are really cringeworthy. There's a bit of Bernard Manning in that fossil.

Comment

• Well done...Mark pulls one back. Bit of a scrappy one, but still...2-3.

Comment

• Selby is probably favourite here.
                          Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          Well done...Mark pulls one back. Bit of a scrappy one, but still...2-3.
                          Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• 6 mins and a few seconds....frame iver and a century. Good stuff.
                            "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Yeah I heard the clocks thing. He should know that stuff and inform the listeners.
                              Nice enough guy but his time is over now.
                              Ronnie looking sharp at the mo...good stuff.

Comment

• Ronnie could probably make breaks solely out of long pots atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X