The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Is Mark Allen living rough under a bridge? Always looks like a scruffy little git on tv.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...Mark should seriously watch his weight and get it down...quickly. Otherwise it will definitely hinder him in years to come. You can see it already, even sitting on the couch he is half out of breath...not good at all!

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
      He has nothing to do with snooker apart from a bit of Legends and otherwise, he's playing crap golf. Can you see him at the quallies, meeting the players, doing research, or even reading research he's given? He said this week that he didn't understand what the 'clocks' on the table were for. They're not clocks, they're monitors checking slate and cloth temps. He's useless, always was a bit thick. His so called jokes at Legends are really cringeworthy. There's a bit of Bernard Manning in that fossil.
      well baz, i bet he could beat you at snooker and beat you at golf, and i bet he is more fun on a night out than you!

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
        I've said it before and I'll say it again...Mark should seriously watch his weight and get it down...quickly. Otherwise it will definitely hinder him in years to come. You can see it already, even sitting on the couch he is half out of breath...not good at all!
        Yes, he said in an interview a couple of years ago with Hazel that he is working on the weight.
        Okay, they aren't running marathons but there has to be a lot said for general fitness levels. ( Plus he'd need the rest more often too ).

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
          well baz, i bet he could beat you at snooker and beat you at golf, and i bet he is more fun on a night out than you!
          Imagine Dennis after a few beers - all he would go on about is how he beat Steve Davis in a certain final haha

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
            Well done Ronnie and what a superb clearance to win it. Good result for him and snooker as a whole
            Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. How can it be good for the game as a whole to have a load of fans who only come out when one particular man is playing? Yesterday afternoon we had about 3 members on here, today there are 50. What happens when Ron is no longer around? Will they simply disappear? It has to be asked, and no offense intended, but are they really snooker fans or just Ronnie fans?

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
              Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. How can it be good for the game as a whole to have a load of fans who only come out when one particular man is playing? Yesterday afternoon we had about 3 members on here, today there are 50. What happens when Ron is no longer around? Will they simply disappear? It has to be asked, and no offense intended, but are they really snooker fans or just Ronnie fans?

-
              know what you mean but any fans are better than no fans

Comment

-
                It's snooker at its best most want to watch, I want top players to play like I can't, not make thirty or forty then run out of position and play safe , I can do that lol, I don't want to watch it on the telly.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I thought Ronnie was at about 75% today. He'll need a bit more to put away Bingo/Higgins and a lot more to compete with the winner of Robbo/Judd, probably Robbo. He's got a back injury and I'm not sure if it's affecting his mind, as his concentration wasn't there sometimes today. He blobbed two frame clinching balls early doors. Ok, the clearance was nice but he was losing the white a bit which is un-Ronnie like. His interview and assessment of his own form afterwards was accurate and honest. Selby was simply pants and seems to be going through a period of not doing well and winning tournaments but entering enough to remain top ranked. lol

As for the fans being fickle, we are talking about watching the greatest ever in a comeback tournament; a lot of fans have been looking fwd to this and a match with Selby had extra flavour. If Higgins beats Bingo, we could have another Class of 92 clash on our hands; juicy.
                  Last edited by barrywhite; 14 January 2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

As for the fans being fickle, we are talking about watching the greatest ever in a comeback tournament...
                    Really?? I had no idea Hendry was going to pick up his cue again. Fantastic!

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Does anyone know what time the O'Sullivan semi final is on Saturday? 1pm or 7pm. Thanks

Comment

• Originally Posted by nicky1982 View Post
                        Does anyone know what time the O'Sullivan semi final is on Saturday? 1pm or 7pm. Thanks
                        7pm GMT

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

• He plays at 7pm.

Comment

I thought Ronnie was at about 75% today. He'll need a bit more to put away Bingo/Higgins and a lot more to compete with the winner of Robbo/Judd, probably Robbo. He's got a back injury and I'm not sure if it's affecting his mind, as his concentration wasn't there sometimes today. He blobbed two frame clinching balls early doors. Ok, the clearance was nice but he was losing the white a bit which is un-Ronnie like. His interview and assessment of his own form afterwards was accurate and honest. Selby was simply pants and seems to be going through a period of not doing well and winning tournaments but entering enough to remain top ranked. lol

As for the fans being fickle, we are talking about watching the greatest ever in a comeback tournament; a lot of fans have been looking fwd to this and a match with Selby had extra flavour. If Higgins beats Bingo, we could have another Class of 92 clash on our hands; juicy.
                            agree ,selby not at the races today but good to see ronnie beat him BUT best ever includes future, so best so far

Comment

• Thanks a lot

Comment

-
                                I would rather have people who're exciting in snooker like Ronnie and Judd and less of negative players like Selby. He is not my favourite player BTW, it's just a fact that players like him and Alex and Jimmy before him draw people in. People want to be entertained and the fella's entertaining!
                                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X