The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
    I expect him to go to the interview saying he played awful and was lucky to get out 6-3
    should have put money on that :wink:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• What a red ......unreal .

Needs to go and see someone to sort his back if it is affecting him that much .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• he is just box office gold. the superlatives are justified!
        Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• So to end with the snooker then Ronnie won deservedly. Played really well and made some incredible shots. Bingham had many chances, failed to take them.

Too bad, would have loved a Bingham - Hawkins final (surprise, surprise) because I think it would be more evenly matched. But hey, The Hawk is every bit the worldclass snookerplayer Ronnie is and on his day can win the Final. (who knows...maybe Ronnie's will pull out of the final due to back problems...stranger things have happened with him in the past )

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
            His game isn't in brilliant shape. He's 75% (I know I said that before).
            Ronnie can sometimes frustrate me, but other times I really sympathise with the stuff he has to put up with. Take his post match interview just now. Whatever your opinions, the fact remains he thinks he's fighting for every pot at the moment, and yet despite him stressing this throughout the interview, Hazel smiles at him and tells him his long and medium game are 'fantastic'. His face when she said that spoke volumes.

If he doesn't feel like he's playing well, then people need to accept that, because it's only how he feels that matters.
            Last edited by Billy; 16 January 2016, 09:55 PM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Ronnie: "pockets quite generous, a good scoring table."

Not all WS maintained template cut star tables are equal.

Congratulations to Ronnie. A measure of the colossal character that he has, that otherwise solid players collapse in his presence. Somewhat ironic that in modern snooker, with unbelievably high standards across the board, he's likely to win a top tournament well below his best.

Comment

• So Ronnie takes 8months off with little to no match practice, comes in, beats the reigning world champion and the current world no1. What does that say about the standard of snooker now?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                  So Ronnie takes 8months off with little to no match practice, comes in, beats the reigning world champion and the current world no1. What does that say about the standard of snooker now?
                  it tells u that he's a total one-off. only Higgins at the top of his game can match the standard he has attained.
                  Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                    it tells u that he's a total one-off. only Higgins at the top of his game can match the standard he has attained.
                    Just this.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                      Ronnie: "pockets quite generous, a good scoring table."

Not all WS maintained template cut star tables are equal.

Congratulations to Ronnie. A measure of the colossal character that he has, that otherwise solid players collapse in his presence. Somewhat ironic that in modern snooker, with unbelievably high standards across the board, he's likely to win a top tournament well below his best.
                      My mate was chatting to Bingham before his 1st match and he said that the practice table pockets were big as well .

Comment

• His injury is causing huge problems. Which explains a lot of the lost position.

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                          Spot on.....Ronnie is far better than all of them....sure, he can,
                          and will lose matches but overall he is in another league...a league of his own.
                          "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Well Stu, you can't say you didn't get enough chances, but unfortunately you had the cueball on a rubber band all night.

Ronnie played OK, for him, (incredible long red at the end there) but if we get tonight's Ron v this afternoon's Barry in the final, it should be a close run thing. Here's hoping.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Congrats to Bingo for getting past the first round for the first time and making the Semis. Pretty good tournament for him I feel, given his form going there.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                                Well Stu, you can't say you didn't get enough chances, but unfortunately you had the cueball on a rubber band all night.

Ronnie played OK, for him, (incredible long red at the end there) but if we get tonight's Ron v this afternoon's Barry in the final, it should be a close run thing. Here's hoping.

-
                                Set up for yet another Masters 10-9 finish maybe...........always back that score in the Masters . Happened quite a few times over the years .

Comment

Working...
                                X