The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I want to say the latter, but he clearly had a mental illness of some kind, so that may be a tad unfair.
    I can assure you he defiantly don't have a mental illness

Comment

• You lot seem to have given that guy a lot of consideration.

Was that an indication of how boring the final was? Ha Ha.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
        You lot seem to have given that guy a lot of consideration.

Was that an indication of how boring the final was? Ha Ha.
        If the final had been more of a spectacle then, they guy with the big specs wouldn't be part of the conversation
        John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
          I think this is the point. There's not a lot of hate for Ronnie, it's just that ronnie fans can't imagine anyone doing anything but w@n! over him. if they don't, it must be hate.

At his best ronnies cue ball controll and breakbuilding is unmatched. his safety is good, and his long potting has been. he's a remarkable player....so why is his record not the best, depsite his longevity? He's not the greatest match player, sometimes he struggles to get to the venue, never mind be a top player. All flaws.

He's great, no doubt...but personally i prefer different types of players...players who wring every last drop out of what they have.
          I think he actually does, some people seem to think that if he doesn't make 5 minute maxe's every event he isn't trying.
          Look at what he did in the championship league recently without an audience and the media to bother him.

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
          Hawk has a fat cheque and he's played really well this week. So instead of the muppets slating him, I'd like to say congatulations Barry Hawkins, you did yourself and SWSA really proud.
          But not Terry Griffiths I suspect

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
          Yep, seems like people are very pessimistic and quick to shut someone down on this forum. It was just a drunk dude having some fun, came off bit obnoxious to some people but no harm done, Im glad the audience is interactive.
          Drunk dude yes, and that's the problem with alcohol, bring back prohibition and legalise pot and we can all have a good time without being obnoxious, violent and anti social.

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
            If the final had been more of a spectacle then, they guy with the big specs wouldn't be part of the conversation
            Shame really.

Don't get me wrong, Ronnie equaling Hendry's Masters record was an immense achievement. Especially when you consider the first year he won it was in 1995. Especially after such a level of non-play recently.

However, the final itself was pretty dire. More due to Hawkins' lack of contribution, really.

Pity a decent tournament, had such a damp squib of a final.

Comment

• A nice short type format really for Ronnie's comeback.
              Now the World Championships is a totally different ball game.

Comment

• bingham is gonna be a nightmare matchup for Ronnie in the worlds. Over the long format binghams style just frustrates ronnie and he loses himself completely. if the masters SF had been over a longer format Bingham would have won that

Comment

• I still think Ronnie has at least one more World Championship in him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by strike101 View Post
                    bingham is gonna be a nightmare matchup for Ronnie in the worlds. Over the long format binghams style just frustrates ronnie and he loses himself completely. if the masters SF had been over a longer format Bingham would have won that
                    I think he would rather play Bingham's style over the best of 19 or more rather than Ebdon or Selby. Not forgetting he has got over the Crucible line on five occasions?
                    John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      I can assure you he defiantly don't have a mental illness
                      Are we talking about the same person? I don't mean the glasses guy, I mean the one who was obsessively fist-punching the air three inches from Ronnie's face. Looked like chronic OCD to me.

Whatever, this is not fooking darts!! There was even some knobsack wearing a set of stupid false teeth during the match. Why don't these clowns grow up?

The idea that a darts 'atmosphere' will increase the game's popularity, is akin to thinking a disco in a library would draw in the book-worms.
                      Last edited by Billy; 18 January 2016, 01:26 PM.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

The idea that a darts 'atmosphere' will increase the game's popularity, is akin to thinking a disco in a library would draw in the book-worms.
                        No, it will bring in disco dancers. If more money can be made from disco dancers than book worms, then, they figure it must be a good idea.

Just look at Twenty 20 cricket in Australia. Massively popular. Getting huge crowds, TV ratings and sponsorship.

Money talks.
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Are we talking about the same person? I don't mean the glasses guy, I mean the one who was obsessively fist-punching the air three inches from Ronnie's face. Looked like chronic OCD to me.

Whatever, this is not fooking darts!! There was even some knobsack wearing a set of stupid false teeth during the match. Why don't these clowns grow up?

I'm talking about the fella at the front who accidentally showed to much enthusiasm at a snooker event and may of enjoyed a few tins while he was there, I'm pretty sure he will get a few letters though the door soon from snookers slipper club, or banned for having fun.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                            No, it will bring in disco dancers. If more money can be made from disco dancers than book worms, then, they figure it must be a good idea.

Just look at Twenty 20 cricket in Australia. Massively popular. Getting huge crowds, TV ratings and sponsorship.

Money talks.
                            I'm all for snooker keeping it's popularity in the UK and abroad, but at what cost is my main concern. It could end up like the pageantry that Hearn created at the PDC darts and having showgirls bringing in the players. Cheesy to say the least!

Comment

• The Masters 2016 10-17 January

you don't remember higgins coming in with the fedora on? or entering eating fish and chips then,

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                                It could end up like the pageantry that Hearn created at the PDC darts and having showgirls bringing in the players. Cheesy to say the least!
                                Now I like the idea of showgirls ...oh lalah
                                Last edited by alabadi; 18 January 2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X