2016 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by trains View Post
    I wonder if Mark Allen will start whining about living out of a suitcase again when he's just won £75k in the last two weeks ?
    This.

Makes me laugh when the top 20 ranked players whinge about earnings. It's a lot better now than compared to 2008-2010
    Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Just watching Jimmy and Ronnie next to each other on the studio sofa. If they ever retire and need a bob or two they could definitely tour as Steptoe & Son…

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
        Sadly, I can only see this much lauded Ronnie vs Jimmy match going one-way. That's 4-0 to Ronnie.
        My Flabber would be well and truly ghasted if it was a close match! lol
        Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
          My Flabber would be well and truly ghasted if it was a close match! lol
          It wont be close, jimmy will win 4-1
          Blown away

Comment

Well then...c'mon Mark...Joyce!

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
              Well then...c'mon Mark...Joyce!

What's the beef between him and Allen? :snooker:
              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019
              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                What's the beef between him and Allen? :snooker:
                Beats me...would like to know though.

Comment

Sjeez Mark Allen can be such a twat sometimes

C'mon Mark Joyce!

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                    Sjeez Mark Allen can be such a twat sometimes

C'mon Mark Joyce!
                    What's he done now?

Comment

Allen was clearly annoyed with Joyce from the start for whatever reason...then berated Joyce at the end of 1st frame on being in his eye line (which he clearly wasn't)...you could see Joyce's reaction of total and utter bewilderment (plus thinking what a complete and utter twat Allen is).

Then onwards throughout the match you could see Allen getting more and more worked up for whatever reason. At winning the 3rd frame Allen did a fistpump and banged the table like he had just won the World Championship...again Joyce with a smirk on his face as if to say 'wtf is this idiot's problem'.

Really...who does Allen think he is... Muhammed Ali...John Gotti?!
                      Last edited by daffie; 16 November 2016, 12:39 PM.

Comment

If there was one player that I felt certain would be a multiple big tournament winner from the start of seeing him it would have been Maguire, can't believe he's only gone on to being an also ran

Comment

Allen's a cheeky wee twat, no wonder his snooker player ex sent him packing, hope he keeps getting fatter!
                          Blown away

Comment

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
                            Allen's a cheeky wee twat, no wonder his snooker player ex sent him packing, hope he keeps getting fatter!
                            his new missus aint bad though

Comment

Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                              his new missus aint bad though
                              Proof that money can buy you love
                              Blown away

Comment

I agree with a lot of posters on this thread about the intensity of events, I think it's a good thing and the sport isn't something you only want to watch every few months like during the nineties. Tennis is a good example, yeah there still are only 4 major tournaments, then there are 1000 atp point events (masters) are for I guess the average fan and then there are the smaller 500 and 250 events for diehards. I don't think you can water it down by having more events, if anything you maintain the interest, so long as there are the big ones that draw in interest from people that maybe are undecided on whether they want to follow it as a fan or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X