2016 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
    These first to four you can't afford sloppiness like Ronnie has showed so often recently, that's why they have to be in it 100%, 100% of the time. Obviously he was the better player but the earlier frames cost him. Sad but Kyren is a talent to watch even if he isn't a natural scorer
    At least he didn't fold, like so many of the big boys do after a few tons from Ron, good on'im.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Wilson has shown a lot of mental strength in these situations over the past season and a half. He is not overawed by the top players or by the occasion. There are still quite a few big titles to be won this season, and Wilson is surely a decent bet to win one. :smile:

But just to be a little negative, that match ball red along the cushion was never in. :wink:

Comment

• Hossein Vafaei Ayouri beats Scott Donaldson 4-2 and makes his first quarterfinal in a ranking event. Always good to see somebody of an "unusual" country having some success.

Comment

• This comp is dead in the water now. Not that it was much of a comp anyway. Best of 7 joker.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            This comp is dead in the water now. Not that it was much of a comp anyway. Best of 7 joker.
            What d'you mean, dead in the water? It's bubbling up nicely as far as I can see.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
              At least he didn't fold, like so many of the big boys do after a few tons from Ron, good on'im.

-
              That's the most impressive thing, saved his best break to the point where he had the most pressure on him, unless he thought he had nothing to lose. But he took his time, and never made a mistake which I thought he would do. Impressive from him to have that mentality when obviously he knew one mistake and it might result in a loss

Comment

What d'you mean, dead in the water? It's bubbling up nicely as far as I can see.

-
                Indeed. The tournament is wide open now. It was kinda expected as so many stars did choose not to play here. And it didn't come as surprise that others like Ding bowed out early. Cause it's just a minor event and so I wasn't expecting the top players to play at their limit. Will be interesting to see who grabs the chance to capture a ranking title. Hopefully it's not Mark Allen, who right now is probably the favorite.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                  Will be interesting to see who grabs the chance to capture a ranking title. Hopefully it's not Mark Allen, who right now is probably the favorite.
                  Oh I don't know about that, his bottle's a bit suspect in the later stages so I wouldn't put my house on that one, add the pressure of the home crowd and their expectancy, I'd be surprised to see him lift it tbh.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

Oh I don't know about that, his bottle's a bit suspect in the later stages so I wouldn't put my house on that one, add the pressure of the home crowd and their expectancy, I'd be surprised to see him lift it tbh.

-
                    Oh I just meant that from a ranking and playing quality perspective he now would be seen as the favorite.
                    Personally I think there is no clear favorite and anybody can win this tournament right now.

Comment

• Oh well, I've got to be up sharpish tomorrow morning so it's an early night for me I'm afraid. God, I HATE going to bed when there's snooker to be watched. *sigh* Night all.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Oh well, I've got to be up sharpish tomorrow morning so it's an early night for me I'm afraid. God, I HATE going to bed when there's snooker to be watched. *sigh* Night all.

-
                        Lightweight :biggrin:
                        Don't let the bedbugs bite; )
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Lightweight :biggrin:
                          I know, I know....

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Wow, Baz made short work of Jack didn't he. That's good, I'm missing less snooker now.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Wow, Baz made short work of Jack didn't he. That's good, I'm missing less snooker now.

-
                              Off you go, up the Stena to bed with you!
                              :wink:
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                                Kyren Wilson is 5/2 with Paddy Power to beat the Rocket starting 1900 GMT,quite decent price.
                                I take it back trains

Comment

Working...
                                X