No announcement yet.

2016 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done to Mr King, i'm so chuffed for him and all his Family! was nice to hear that he has problems and struggles just like us normal folk!
    and that pink onto to black shot! omg!!!
    i enjoyed that final just as much as the Taylor and Davis final all those years ago and i think to Mark and his family that was the the equivalent of winning the World!
    Brilliant

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
      :biggrin-new:

Odrl, yes i did watch the match and i'm over the moon for Mark. My best ever evening as a snooker fan
      It's nice to hear from you, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Must have been a good couple of years for you with Joe Perry playing some of his best snooker as well. :smile:

Comment

• Mark King was 11/2 with Coral's when he was trailing 1-5 on sunday,I didn't take it but that was a very decent bet for someone who could afford to lay out a few hundred or a grand or two,I still thought it was going to be close.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          ....if you need an adrenaline rush buy a motorbike, don't let your immediate future ride on the outcome of a bet.
          Have to disagree with you there Steve, you're suggesting he swap gambling with money for gambling with his life. That's what my mum's next door neighbour did, six months later he lost his head, literally, severed clean right off. He left a 6 year old daughter and a grieving family.

"According to the latest research, motorcyclist’s in the UK are between 38 and 40 times more likely to die in an accident on the road than standard car drivers; this is shocking news when you consider that motorcyclists only comprise of 1% of the overall road traffic, yet account for around 20% of the fatalities and serious injuries on the road. It’s a scary statistic but luckily, since 2013, when 331 motorcyclists died on the road, the number has fallen but the number of serious injuries is steadily increasing...."

Original source:
          http://www.mc-ams.co.uk/blog/acciden...ugly-overview/

Although gambling is a nasty pernicious addiction, there's no point in swapping the bankruptcy court for the paraplegic ward, or worse, the morgue.

-
          Last edited by PatBlock; 21 November 2016, 08:18 PM.
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
            .... if you need an adrenaline rush buy a motorbike, don't let your immediate future ride on the outcome of a bet.
            Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Have to disagree with you there Steve, you're suggesting he swap gambling with money for gambling with his life. That's what my mum's next door neighbour did, six months later he lost his head, literally, severed clean right off. He left a 6 year old daughter and a grieving family.

"According to the latest research, motorcyclist’s in the UK are between 38 and 40 times more likely to die in an accident on the road than standard car drivers; this is shocking news when you consider that motorcyclists only comprise of 1% of the overall road traffic, yet account for around 20% of the fatalities and serious injuries on the road. It’s a scary statistic but luckily, since 2013, when 331 motorcyclists died on the road, the number has fallen but the number of serious injuries is steadily increasing...."

Although gambling is a nasty pernicious addiction, there's no point in swapping the bankruptcy court for the paraplegic ward, or worse, the morgue.

-
            I take it you don't ride bikes ?
            Iv'e been riding for over 35 years, they don't have to be dangerous, only when you want them to be

Comment

• The only trouble with bikes is ,it doesn't have to be your fault but you still end up dead, I lost two friends to bike crashes none were their fault
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                I take it you don't ride bikes ?
                Iv'e been riding for over 35 years, they don't have to be dangerous, only when you want them to be
                I've heard that so many times before, and "My uncle smoked till he was 103, never did him any hard...." Take a look at those stats again jrc, you can't deny it's a very dangerous hobby.

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                The only trouble with bikes is ,it doesn't have to be your fault but you still end up dead, I lost two friends to bike crashes none were their fault
                Precisely. No matter how careful, skilled or experienced you are, all it takes is one idiot driver, and there are an awful lot of them about these days.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  I've heard that so many times before, and "My uncle smoked till he was 103, never did him any hard...." Take a look at those stats again jrc, you can't deny it's a very dangerous hobby.

-
                  That link didn't work for me by the way.
                  It's the danger that attracts. But you have to be aware at all times, i see bikers overtaking on blind bends at stupid speeds, they are just asking for it.
                  Lots of accidents are with new riders with no experience, or old blokes buying a bike again after a long layoff, the bikes are so much faster nowadays, mines nothing special but 0-60 in around 3 secs and 165 mph indicated is enough for me, but you have to do it in the right places at the right times

Comment

It's the danger that attracts. But you have to be aware at all times, i see bikers overtaking on blind bends at stupid speeds, they are just asking for it.
                    Lots of accidents are with new riders with no experience, or old blokes buying a bike again after a long layoff, the bikes are so much faster nowadays, mines nothing special but 0-60 in around 3 secs and 165 mph indicated is enough for me, but you have to do it in the right places at the right times
                    OK, think I've fixed the link now, but the salient stats are all there in the body of my post.

One of my favourite quotes of all time is from the film "American Beauty" it's short, but very profound:

"Never underestimate the power of denial."

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

They are always killing themselves on the roads around here, the roads around Alston and the Hartside cafe are great roads for a bike but as you said they get impatient and overtake in some very dangerous places.

Comment

• You can't go thinking what might happen, otherwise you wouldn't leave the house

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          They are always killing themselves on the roads around here, the roads around Alston and the Hartside cafe are great roads for a bike but as you said they get impatient and overtake in some very dangerous places.
                          One of favourite roads that
                          But yeah some bikers think they are invincible for sure.

Comment

You can't go thinking what might happen, otherwise you wouldn't leave the house
                            Yes, but when you equate necessity with probability, some things are a lot more dangerous than others, aren't they.

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            And they ALL think they're not one of them.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

It really is a great road ,even for cars ,we take my sons 350z for a spin up there once and a while and get a bite to eat in the cafe,if you have the right vehicle there's not many better roads in the U.K. From what I have been told.
                              Last edited by itsnoteasy; 21 November 2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                The only trouble with bikes is ,it doesn't have to be your fault but you still end up dead, I lost two friends to bike crashes none were their fault
                                Agree,

Use to have bikes years ago but when we had kiddies I gave them up. Replaced bike fever with a nice sports car which does give me a buzz..
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X