No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter was looking good for 4-2 but pots the white in off after potting the pink

Comment

• Carter pulls it back to 4-2.

Comment

• So what the hell happened to Trump earlier? 4-0 up but trials 5-4.

Comment

• he lost 5 frames in a row and now trails not trials

Comment

• Originally Posted by frak View Post
            he lost 5 frames in a row and now trails not trials
            Trails, yes, thank you. Just reading back on previous comments. Seems as if Trump made numerous errors and McLeod frustrated him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rocket147 View Post
              Trails, yes, thank you. Just reading back on previous comments. Seems as if Trump made numerous errors and McLeod frustrated him.
              Trump seems more interested in trying to pull off great shots than trying to win the match, I don't think he has the killer instinct that the likes of Hendry had to finish opponents off.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JohnF14722 View Post
                Trump seems more interested in trying to pull off great shots than trying to win the match, I don't think he has the killer instinct that the likes of Hendry had to finish opponents off.
                He's always been like that. Wants to impress the crowd so goes for the crazy shots. Just keep it simple and get the job done.

Comment

• or bore everyone into submission.
                  i think most of the best games of the world championships over the last 20 years rarely include the overall winner. The exceptions i can think of are o'sullivan when he wiped the floor with everyone in his reardon era, including sending hendy packing.
                  a lot of the best matches dotn involve the overall winner. It's not me playing so i just enjoy it all i dont, ruin my enjoyment with misplaced partisanship. Some great games some mistakes the fallibility of it a lot to enjoy without hanging on the interests of one player or another i have no allegiance to.

Comment

• if any player will need physio after his snooker career is over it is Wembo - looks so awkward and crab like. Strange technique but works for him

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                      great frame of snooker, it's not just the Chinese with decent young prospects.
                      Carrington is already a bit older than Yan and Zhou though.

Comment

• Tension in the arm there from Carrington. Liang going through.

Comment

• Ding vs Liang next.

Comment

• Carter beating Dott was definitely a formality.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                              Dont fill my lottery ticket in will ya not
                              I was on the other side of the arena watching Liang-Carrington, kept trying to catch Carter's eye to ask what the hell was going on! I still say Carter is a far superior player, even if Dott wins tomorrow.
                              Last edited by gavpowell; 18 April 2017, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Another interesting evening of snooker. I have no idea what time the Liang match finished, because I got home well after it started and had to watch it delayed. I could barely keep my eyes open towards the end, but I felt like I couldn't really abandon it and go to bed, because the match didn't deserve it. :smile: I particularly enjoyed the first half of the session. Frame 12 was up there with Frame 9 of the Bingham-Ebdon match as one of the best of the Championship so far. :smile:

I was surprised by Dott dominating his match against Carter. A high break of only 50, but he didn't really need to score any higher tonight. Carter's demeanor reminded me of his match against McManus last year, very nervous and clearly in a negative frame of mind. He needs a complete turnaround tomorrow to get anything out of this match now...

Comment

Working...
                                X