Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    I have no idea what time the Liang match finished
    11.05pm UK time - I was there and it was largely dreadful!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
      11.05pm UK time - I was there and it was largely dreadful!
      It was a bit of missfest towards the end, but surely you enjoyed the early part? :smile:

Comment

It was a bit of missfest towards the end, but surely you enjoyed the early part? :smile:
        The first couple of frames were fine, looked like Liang was going to get into a fine rhythm, but after that - Dott and Carter had finished 9 frames by time we'd had 5!

Comment

• It's possible that his diet wasn't the main factor behind his success he was entering his prime and federer and nadal slightly declined. When you're younger your body processes all kinds of food well.

I'm all for the vegan diet for the ethical reasons outlined - animals are treated horribly in farms. but it's hard personally for me to adhere to. I'm hoping technology provides the answer as bill gates has put money into a lab burger that tastes as good as real thing - made from plants!

I personally admire Neil's decision and wish him well

Originally Posted by kibo View Post
          Actually, you are misinformed.
          Djokovic switched to glutenfree diet 5 years ago which helped him tremendously as he is one of these guys who is sensitive to gluten.
          When it comes to veganism, he started it just year before his decline, the time when he lost muscles,and lost focus,and found it harder to train just like Robertson...
          Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• There was classic Crucible pressure on Carringtons face last night, it had got a hold on him. He stopped playing freely, Started playing conservatively and not playing shots he should have taken. Big eg was when WT says "he has a chance to stun off the reds here and open a few more up. He didn't, and got out of position trying to get on a single red a few shots later. He never looked like winning after that, it was like he had his arm in a sling.

I'm sure we've all felt that pressure in club matches when things go against you but as a pro at the Crucible it must be immense. I hope he learns from it and gets stronger, I'm sure he will.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Missed a couple of times trying to get out of relatively easy snookers as well , which i was surprised about .

Hope he gets over it quickly , i think he is a very talented player .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                I was on the other side of the arena watching Liang-Carrington, kept trying to catch Carter's eye to ask what the hell was going on! I still say Carter is a far superior player, even if Dott wins tomorrow.
                You didn't factor in the fact that, Dott has an excellent record at the crucible. You seem to be only looking at ability and recent form in your analysis and ignore the power that some venues have on certain players?
                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• I saw that on his face too. One of the reasons for Hendry's success was just his immense confidence and dare I say it alpha male status!
                  Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  There was classic Crucible pressure on Carringtons face last night, it had got a hold on him. He stopped playing freely, Started playing conservatively and not playing shots he should have taken. Big eg was when WT says "he has a chance to stun off the reds here and open a few more up. He didn't, and got out of position trying to get on a single red a few shots later. He never looked like winning after that, it was like he had his arm in a sling.

I'm sure we've all felt that pressure in club matches when things go against you but as a pro at the Crucible it must be immense. I hope he learns from it and gets stronger, I'm sure he will.
                  Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

I was surprised by Dott dominating his match against Carter. A high break of only 50, but he didn't really need to score any higher tonight. Carter's demeanor reminded me of his match against McManus last year, very nervous and clearly in a negative frame of mind. He needs a complete turnaround tomorrow to get anything out of this match now...
                    I personally always thought that Carter is a bit overrated and I'm still surprised he made two World Championship Finals. He is all-around a good player, but nothing of his play is really exceptional (which you don't need, cause a balance is often worth more) and I think mentally he is not among the top players. Therefore despite his good results this year I have him as one of the weaker Top 16 players.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      I personally always thought that Carter is a bit overrated and I'm still surprised he made two World Championship Finals. He is all-around a good player, but nothing of his play is really exceptional (which you don't need, cause a balance is often worth more) and I think mentally he is not among the top players. Therefore despite his good results this year I have him as one of the weaker Top 16 players.
                      I wasn't surprised to see Dott leading Carter 6 -3. He's not blessed with much natural talent, but the longer formats and the crucible seem to bring
                      out the best in him (3 world finals ain't too shabby?). He's a tenacious and determined fella and I reckon Carter wasn't pleased when he drew him in the 1st round.
                      John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Not many top 16 would want to be drawn against Graeme in the 1st round . Granite at times , the old cliche of ' having to scrape him off the table ' is a
                        perfect way to describe him .

Never going to get the recognition that he deserves .......and as you say , 3 World Finals......so no mug .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          Not many top 16 would want to be drawn against Graeme in the 1st round . Granite at times , the old cliche of ' having to scrape him off the table ' is a
                          perfect way to describe him .

Never going to get the recognition that he deserves .......and as you say , 3 World Finals......so no mug .
                          He was 2006 World Champion too. Food for thought.

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                            It's possible that his diet wasn't the main factor behind his success he was entering his prime and federer and nadal slightly declined. When you're younger your body processes all kinds of food well.

I'm all for the vegan diet for the ethical reasons outlined - animals are treated horribly in farms. but it's hard personally for me to adhere to. I'm hoping technology provides the answer as bill gates has put money into a lab burger that tastes as good as real thing - made from plants!

I personally admire Neil's decision and wish him well
                            As far as Novak is concerned.He had two problems,gluten sensitivity(some serious issue,not something made up) and breathing issues.
                            I am mouth breather myself and that **** is terrible.Novak ascended once he did the operation(something with the nose,might have been a nose deviation surgery), and took care of his diet issues.
                            Too bad he is fool and allowed his woman to interfere with his job, and she made him switch to vegan.
                            Which isnt bad when it comes to ethical stuff,its bad if you do it thinking it can help you in the game.
                            Even Neil started veganism for the gains in the game,telling his shoes were made of animal skin, telling he isnt there for the ethical part yet back then.
                            Another example i heard is Andy Murray, he switched to vegan, saw it sucks ass for the game and switched back.
                            Neil will probably win titles here and there(i guess he can adapt to a degree,its not tennis after all) but alot less then what he could have done if he didnt do the change.
                            I havent followed snooker for too long,but from what i have seen from him, he would be representing a serious problem to Selby, Trump ,etc these days if he was at his peak.That century break record of the season he is holding is impressive...

Comment

• Trump isn't winning this match. McLeod has done a number on him and as I've been saying for the past few seasons, Trump really needs to get someone like Steve Peters in to help him deal with the mental side of the game.

Most the top players have a coach or someone in to help, Trump is one of the few who works alone and for me you can only go so far in the game that way.

Comment

• Trump is struggling like crazy against McLeod....He's all over the place!
                                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                                X