2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Hazel forgetting about Rory's religion there when she thrust a congratulatory hand at him in the studio. Poor guy had no option but to take it.
    Is that actually true (that a Muslim won't shake hands with a woman)? I never knew.

Comment

• @Cue crafty ...you're a man/woman after my own heart.

:snooker:

Comment

• Moving on... Tom Ford , nice talent - always seems to be sat there shaking his head in disbelief though? Needs a more positive outlook!
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• trump v Mac Haye v Bellew - similarities?

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
            @Cue crafty ...you're a man/woman after my own heart.

:snooker:
            Why thank you kind being! Was it something in particular I said? : )
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              Why thank you kind being! Was it something in particular I said? : )
              Nah...just about everything

Btw where's the thumbsup emoticon when you need one?
              Last edited by daffie; 19 April 2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Can't accept that the injury was so decisive. As Foulds was saying, people are injured in sports all the time and can still perform at a decent level. Trump is mentally weak at the Crucible, it's as simple as that. Not a cat in hell's chance someone like Ronnie loses to a guy like McLeod, injury or no injury.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Good chance for Maguire to get to the semis now, then who knows?
                  I'd still make Hawkins the favorite against Maguire if they meet in the quarters, but yes, Maguire suddenly has kind of a dream draw now. Should be helpful for him as he is a player who thrives on his confidence.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sdowney28 View Post
                    Can't accept that the injury was so decisive. As Foulds was saying, people are injured in sports all the time and can still perform at a decent level. Trump is mentally weak at the Crucible, it's as simple as that. Not a cat in hell's chance someone like Ronnie loses to a guy like McLeod, injury or no injury.
                    Sorry but silly comment as we don't know the extent of Judd's injury. He clearly wasn't himself today, he was physically injured, that's for sure, but might have been on strong painkillers to try to get through it....only to stone it for good. While rory was sinking his last balls, Judd 's eyes were doozy, he looked very tired. So you hsould keep your comments instead of quick conclusions.

Oh, and for the record, Ronnie has lost a good bunch of matches against guys he should have thrashed...

Now, back to the game, it's really a pity for Judd as he was a favorite for the title. But this clears the path for Higgins and Maguire, the latter must be over the moon not to face Judd, even though Rory will not be a gift either.
                    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      I'd still make Hawkins the favorite against Maguire if they meet in the quarters, but yes, Maguire suddenly has kind of a dream draw now. Should be helpful for him as he is a player who thrives on his confidence.
                      Hawkins second best attribute is his demeanour, against Mags that may be enough. ( first best is his cue action, sweet)
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• That Goat lived a short, but noble life!

Comment

• People who think that Maguire is already through might be in for a rude awakening. If McLeod plays a similar game against Maguire I think the scot will lose his patience and start banging the table in frustration. McLeod is exactly the type of opponent Maguire hates to play against. McLeod also leads their head to head 2-1.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                            Sorry but silly comment as we don't know the extent of Judd's injury. He clearly wasn't himself today, he was physically injured, that's for sure, but might have been on strong painkillers to try to get through it....only to stone it for good. While rory was sinking his last balls, Judd 's eyes were doozy, he looked very tired. So you hsould keep your comments instead of quick conclusions.

Oh, and for the record, Ronnie has lost a good bunch of matches against guys he should have thrashed...

Now, back to the game, it's really a pity for Judd as he was a favorite for the title. But this clears the path for Higgins and Maguire, the latter must be over the moon not to face Judd, even though Rory will not be a gift either.
                            It's amazing that there was no talk of the injury when he was leading 4-0. Maybe it suddenly came on when he was being put under a bit of pressure after taking liberties with his opponent. As White said on Eurosport, Trump was diabolical and blaming an injury for that is the easy out for what was a disgraceful display.

Comment

• Trump refused to do mandatory press conference and will be disciplined for breach of contract!

I hope he's not trying to turn into some bad boy of snooker. I understand the frustration of losing first round but you have to show some class and respect.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                                People who think that Maguire is already through might be in for a rude awakening. If McLeod plays a similar game against Maguire I think the scot will lose his patience and start banging the table in frustration. McLeod is exactly the type of opponent Maguire hates to play against. McLeod also leads their head to head 2-1.
                                Yes, for sure, Rory could do Mags brain in quite easily. Especially if he plays like he can in practice. If you've ever seen him in practice you'd think you are watching a different guy. Faster, knocking them in off the lamp shades etc. If he decides I don't care, I made it past Judd and just relaxes he can cause more upsets.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X