No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really hope Ding can win the whole thing. A Selby/Higgins final would be between my two least favorite players at the top (Higgins only because he'd equal ROS' 5 WC).

Comment

• cmon ding ! now onto Selby !

Comment

• Well done Ding!!! First win for him vs ROS in ten years apparently !!
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Nearly had a tear in my eye there, great for Ding, Ronnie came short really in the second session. Wouldn't mind if Ding won the Worlds now

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
            Super lucky from ding, hes had those flicks behind bulk colors at least 4 times throughout the match and all were very costly for Ronnie. That being said he played very well and punished Ronnie for the mistakes he did make.
            Its a really important thing, especially at this level. A lot of those safety shots were poor and turned out so fortunate and put Ronnie in a lot of trouble. People will say Ronnie played poor but when you are playing an opponent who is getting these flicks and putting you in trouble its so hard to take.

Comment

• Well done Ding..and awesome to see Ronnie showing him the respect he deserves....great match

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                Really hope Ding can win the whole thing. A Selby/Higgins final would be between my two least favorite players at the top.
                Agreed, Higgins should have been banned for far longer (or life) for CHEATING. Selby is just, well.... Selby is Selby!

Comment

• 10 years? I never realised.

Well done Ding!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    It really doesn't! People like to think it does but I watch all matches closely and you always see one player get more run than another and quite often its them that wins at this level.
                    As Gary Player used to say... "It's funny that the more I practice, the luckier I get"
                    Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

• It's now the longest period of time for O'Sullivan between World Title wins (if he ever wins again). Who would have thought that after the 2013 WC double?

Comment

• Great performance by Ding. He kept calm this time and made a great break to win the match.

Comment

• That was a thing of beauty! The Padawan conquers the master! Wonderful sportsmanship and genuine love shown for the game.

Now I want battle royal to be held in a Ding - Selby semi final that goes down in history and tops 18m viewers!

:snooker:
                          Last edited by Cue crafty; 26 April 2017, 10:05 PM.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

It really doesn't! People like to think it does but I watch all matches closely and you always see one player get more run than another and quite often its them that wins at this level.
                            While luck isn't always the same over the course of one match I watched this match also very closely and this was definitely one, where the balls didn't favour one player over the other. Both had their fair share of lucky touches and runs.

Comment

Its a really important thing, especially at this level. A lot of those safety shots were poor and turned out so fortunate and put Ronnie in a lot of trouble. People will say Ronnie played poor but when you are playing an opponent who is getting these flicks and putting you in trouble its so hard to take.
                              Indeed...in fact the safety shots were the only thing Ding was superior. And long potting but it was close. Everything else was in Ronnie favor...still not enough to win...those flicks really made a diffetence in such a close match.
                              "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                                That was a thing of beauty! The Padawan conquers the master! Wonderful sportsmanship and genuine love shown for the game.

Now I want battle royal to be held in a Ding - Selby final that goes down in history and tops 18m viewers!

:snooker:
                                Semi final??

Comment

Working...
                                X