No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• though highly unlikely i hope ding drags this 12th frame on to death and pinches it!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stormwatch View Post
      Going to chew some glass - I'll get back in a couple of hours.
      Selby's Snooker seems to have that effect on people.

Comment

• Selby haters...

Comment

• Damn...just realised if Selby does win this competition, he'd be on the same amount of world titles as O'Sullivan was at the same age.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cesard View Post
            bufff...what a boring session.....
            The only thing boring about it for me is the "Boring Selby" bandwagon. If you guys don't like it and you find it all so painful, then fine, go away and leave it to those that do, Instead of flooding the thread with repetitive negativity which spoils it for everyone else.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
              He's begun to grind Ding. Ding has run out of position three times and also missed two pots he wouldn't have missed last night.

Selby's getting to him already. I know it's early doors and I'm quite happy to risk making a fool of myself but there's only one winner as of 10.10 this morning.
              Yes the way Ding played yesterday, Selby's game plan this morning was to frustrate and he's done that. I think Selby could win this session 8-0 or 7-1 and I have a feeling he will break Ding and run away with the match. Ding is still mentally fragile IMO, he has had a good run of the balls in his matches so far but this session that has deserted him and you can feel his frustration at not getting chances.

Selby really has this tournament wrapped up anyway. Its a snooze fest, we all know that by now, its up to world snooker to decide if they need some sort of shot clock to counter his way of playing. If he dominates the game for years to come, its hard to see from an audience point of view how they can sell the game because only the purists will enjoy his way of playing.

Comment

• Ding's been as slow if not slower than Selby so far this morning.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  Yes the way Ding played yesterday, Selby's game plan this morning was to frustrate and he's done that. I think Selby could win this session 8-0 or 7-1 and I have a feeling he will break Ding and run away with the match. Ding is still mentally fragile IMO, he has had a good run of the balls in his matches so far but this session that has deserted him and you can feel his frustration at not getting chances.

Selby really has this tournament wrapped up anyway. Its a snooze fest, we all know that by now, its up to world snooker to decide if they need some sort of shot clock to counter his way of playing. If he dominates the game for years to come, its hard to see from an audience point of view how they can sell the game because only the purists will enjoy his way of playing.
                  I'm thoroughly enjoying it, thanks.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                    I'm thoroughly enjoying it, thanks.

-
                    You and me both, bud.

Comment

I think most of us saw this coming but the important thing is did Ding and has he prepared himself for it?
                      So far this session, it does not look that it....
                      (early days )
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Well put.

Man, they are going to miss Ronnie when he's gone, which is imminent, I think.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          I think most of us saw this coming but the important thing is did Ding and has he prepared himself for it?
                          So far this session, it does not look that it....
                          (early days )
                          He should know Selby's game by now, and if Ding forgot, no way Griffiths wouldn't have told him what to expect.

Its hard to prepare for the way Selby plays anyway, nobody has really found a way to counter it. Its not really skill in tying up a frame and playing to frustrate, its more a game of patience, something we all have varying amounts of. Selby seems to have more patience than anyone else. Why anyone would pay to watch a game of his is beyond me but each to their own.

Comment

• Well Ding has been here before with Selby so he knows what to expect.
                            As we all know - form can change in sessions though.

Comment

He should know Selby's game by now, and if Ding forgot, no way Griffiths wouldn't have told him what to expect.

Its hard to prepare for the way Selby plays anyway, nobody has really found a way to counter it. Its not really skill in tying up a frame and playing to frustrate, its more a game of patience, something we all have varying amounts of. Selby seems to have more patience than anyone else. Why anyone would pay to watch a game of his is beyond me but each to their own.
                              Ronnie, Hendry, Davies and Higgo in their respective pomps would have potted their way out the 'Selby Style' and Davis would certainly have had the mental strength as well as the game to beat him. Selby's just the best out there at the moment. We just have to wait for another prodigy to emerge. I thought it was going to be Trump but he's flattered to deceive.

Ding showed last night he's got the game, but the question marks about his mental fragility over the long course remain - in my opinion.

Comment

Why anyone would pay to watch a game of his is beyond me but each to their own.
                                There's a lot more to the game than naughty snooker, thankfully.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X