2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
    I wasn't necessarily referring to you, but there are certain people on this board who go a lot further than expressing their dislike for Selby's playing style, and they appear to think they have some moral high ground. I'm just saying that their thoughts are only their opinions, and they don't seem to be shared by the majority, nor especially the rare people whose views actually carry weight.
    Well, yes, folk do tend to get a bit personal at times and there's certainly no call for that. I'll also admit there's a small element of sour grapes for me because I so desperately want Ding to win the WC.

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Did you miss the UK Championship final this year Billy?

-
    Remind me, Pat. I have a memory like a sieve.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• The UK final was Selby vs. O'Sullivan was it not? They just battered each other with century after century if my mind serves., and Selby won.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        The UK final was Selby vs. O'Sullivan was it not? They just battered each other with century after century if my mind serves., and Selby won.
        Yes, the breaks in the last six frames were:
        134 O'Sullivan
        137 Selby
        130 O'Sullivan
        82 Selby
        134 Selby
        107 Selby

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          The UK final was Selby vs. O'Sullivan was it not? They just battered each other with century after century if my mind serves., and Selby won.
          That's the one.

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...t/13914/451644

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Oh I'm not saying he can't play... wait, I did say that. He's beating Ding and I don't like it. Leave me alone.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              Oh I'm not saying he can't play... wait, I did say that. He's beating Ding and I don't like it. Leave me alone.
              Sorry mate, no hurt intended. :wink:

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by Diesel3390 View Post
                Why do you think Higgins isn't capable of producing great snooker over long tournaments? Is he an up and coming star? Or a legend who has done it four times before? Yes he's getting on a bit but when he's on form he can go all the way and some. His top game is better than Selby's or Ding's
                dead true, forget his misdemeanours he was and still is a quality player

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  It amazes me how insanely ugly the grain on higgins cue is, or at least the side he sights with. Wonder what the other sides like.
                  if you understood what the grain means you would not say that!

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                    It amazes me how insanely ugly the grain on higgins cue is, or at least the side he sights with. Wonder what the other sides like.
                    hasn't he always been a bit different with his choice of shaft and grain? seem to remember his north west cue having arrows going the other way

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                      if you understood what the grain means you would not say that!
                      Did he used to like the arrows pointing back at him, was it him ?
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                        Sorry mate, no hurt intended. :wink:

-
                        None taken, I was just jesting. I am sore Ding seems to be crumbling, though.

Aside from that, does Barry Hawkins have any Mediterranean in him? He's more golden every time I see him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          None taken, I was just jesting....
                          Haha, so you're a closet fan after all! The Freudian slip will get you every time.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• A strange match between Higgins and Hawkins. Higgins is still leading by 2 frames, but it feels like he is losing.

Comment

• Just watched the replays of that miss situation. I can understand how John Higgins wouldn't be happy. Even if it could be potted on the first two efforts, it was clearly a better cleaner angle on the third one. For me there was an advantage based on the final placing of the white compared to the original two. Thoughts? Is this poor officiating or do we think Hawkins should have spotted the changed position? I quite like Hawkins and I don't think he is somebody who would take advantage of this situation, maybe he just was never considering the pot until the last effort so didn't notice the changed position?
                              Last edited by richo; 28 April 2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Totally off topic but does anybody know what the piano piece was in the background of the Donna Event manager feature?

Comment

Working...
                                X