No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychologically important to win this frame for Ding. And he does it with a century. His 12th of this World Championship, which is only four shy of Stephen Hendrys record from 2002.

Comment

• Last frame Ding played a tough long pot with position on the black...this frame Selby played an easier mid range pot and screwed back the cue ball close to the green....that is tactical game not a negative one....lol
      "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        Lol! It actually enough for me just to see a player hold their nerve and play to their ability against a Titan. Because then it is sport and not slaughter.:snooker:
        Ha yeah true. Very impressive from Ding. I wonder if Ronnie's words had an effect on him and played a part ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          Psychologically important to win this frame for Ding. And he does it with a century. His 12th of this World Championship, which is only four shy of Stephen Hendrys record from 2002.
          Good stuff isn't it Jim! I think I'm beginning to understand my frustration of watching Master Selby better. It's not him, it's actually frustration born from not seeing many who can contend against him. As I've alluded to in a previous post it's better to watch "sport" than a slaughtering. ( unless it's ROS v Murphy after Smurph has opened his gob early) :snooker:
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Good stuff isn't it Jim! I think I'm beginning to understand my frustration of watching Master Selby better. It's not him, it's actually frustration born from not seeing many who can contend against him. As I've alluded to in a previous post it's better to watch "sport" than a slaughtering. ( unless it's ROS v Murphy after Smurph has opened his gob early) :snooker:
            It's a great match indeed. And we go into a final session with 12:12. Couldn't have been better.

I also hate one-sided matches. Well, maybe not if one player I don't like is on the losing end, but of course tight matches are much better.

Comment

• Brilliant stuff by Ding!

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                Ha yeah true. Very impressive from Ding. I wonder if Ronnie's words had an effect on him and played a part ?
                I hope so. I have enjoyed watching Ronnie's "arm around the shoulder" of the young and upcoming Asian stars. I appreciate his desire to support the game and see growth in the world game.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Wow, awesome.
                  Fair play to Selby too for saying well played to Ding at the end.

Comment

• Enter the Dragon ! how good is this match ! can't wait till the final session !

Comment

• Absolutely phenomenal stuff from Ding. My hands are sweating lol. Bit the bullet with some offensive shots and it paid off. One of the most intriguing sessions i've seen since...probably Robertson vs Selby in the 2014 semi final? Really hope Ding can continue into tomorrow. A good run of the ball would be nice!

Wish we could have seen some post-session reaction from Hendry and Doherty. It always bugs me how snooker's tv show finishes 30 seconds after the last ball is potted lol.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Comment

I hope so. I have enjoyed watching Ronnie's "arm around the shoulder" of the young and upcoming Asian stars. I appreciate his desire to support the game and see growth in the world game.
                        Agreed, love or hate Ronnie that was a very nice and genuine moment.

Comment

• Ramalama ding dong

Comment

• What a shift Ding just put in!
                            He's gonna need a long kip after that...
                            Tomorrow should be a good 'ol fashion DING dong!!! (sorry couldn't resist) :snooker:
                            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019
                            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Frame 23 was one of the best reds I've seen potted , amazing from Ding .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Well played Ding, I didn't see 12-12 earlier. I might put a large bet on Selby then I am a winner either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X