No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would think 5-3 is a pretty good result for Higgins, who seemed to be a bit tired from his late match yesterday.

Comment

• Had the most enjoyable session of TV snooker for a long time last night. Both Trump and Higgins played great and nothing against Judd but I was cheering for John. You know you're a real fan when sat at home punching the air shouting COME ON JOHN!!! No bad shot selection from either player apart from one red Judd took on and missed losing him the frame. It was a blind shot in to the green pocket and he should have played safe but apart from that he was faultless.
      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• At 3-0 down I am sure Wilson would have been quite happy with only a 2 frame deficit, though considering it looked for all the world he was going to pinch that 8th frame I'm sure he will feel disappointed.
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• I do let stupid things annoy me, but there's a woman in the front row of the audience, right side as we look at the table, candy-pink top, who's spent the entire first three frames with her head tilted up at the monitor, grinning like a moron because she can see herself on it. Absolutely zero interest in the match!

Someone give her a mirror and tell her to **** off home.

ETA: Her seat became mysteriously empty after I posted the above.

I didn't mean it
          Last edited by Billy; 3 May 2018, 07:09 PM.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            I do let stupid things annoy me, but there's a woman in the front row of the audience, right side as we look at the table, candy-pink top, who's spent the entire first three frames with her head tilted up at the monitor, grinning like a moron because she can see herself on it. Absolutely zero interest in the match!

Someone give her a mirror and tell her to **** off home.

ETA: Her seat became mysteriously empty after I posted the above.

I didn't mean it
            Lol, might have got the boot.

Comment

• I realize that Ronnie is new at this, but right now Hendry is miles and miles better. Ronnie sounds like he's basically illiterate, which is strange because he doesn't come across that way in interviews. The first thing he needs to realize is when to use "those" or "these" and not "them" Saying "them pockets" makes you sound like you dropped out of school when you were twelve. By comparison, Hendry just oozes of professionalism and class.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                The first thing he needs to realize is when to use "those" or "these" and not "them" Saying "them pockets" makes you sound like you dropped out of school when you were twelve. .
                He basically did, and to be fair to him, that particular phrasing is common in South London and Essex - it's the way he naturally speaks. Ronnie O'Sullivan is an exceptional snooker player, and that is basically all he's ever known.

Comment

• Sarf Lndn and effix, shirley?

Comment

• 2018 World Championship

what is happening in the audience?
                    watching without sound
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Someone ill, football is on tv through the curtain though.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                        He basically did, and to be fair to him, that particular phrasing is common in South London and Essex - it's the way he naturally speaks. Ronnie O'Sullivan is an exceptional snooker player, and that is basically all he's ever known.
                        I know, and I want to listen to him to get his insights into the game. But, at this point, I just find all the rest of it very distracting. He seems much more comfortable in the studio with Jimmy than actually commenting on the matches. Steve Davis, for other reasons, is also better as a studio pundit.

Comment

• Totally agree re better in the studio, but seemed keen to go back to Sheffield, yet he struggles being there.....

Tbh: he needs to learn less is more - he doesn't stfu!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                            I know, and I want to listen to him to get his insights into the game. But, at this point, I just find all the rest of it very distracting. He seems much more comfortable in the studio with Jimmy than actually commenting on the matches. Steve Davis, for other reasons, is also better as a studio pundit.
                            To be honest even Jimmy is very limited - he did a single session for the BBC a few years ago on punditry/commentary, and he was horrible but they're not really his kind of people. With Ronnie and co in the studio, he's in his element, though his insights seem limited. Ronnie will likely be the same - great player, but because it's instinctual, he won't be much good at analysing other people.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              Sarf Lndn and effix, shirley?
                              Do wot? Gordon Bennett, do me a lemon, geezer, alright?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cesard View Post
                                He showed himself very nervous at the start of the session, in the very first few frames

But "fortunetaly" he was better in mood, confident in the 2nd part of it
                                Yeah, he is definitely a star of the future for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X